PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work! We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Do you want to work at a company where customers have a real excitement for the products you help build? PlayStation is looking for a Corporate Strategy Manager to join our team. SIE's Corporate Strategy team works closely with SIE executive management and is responsible for navigating SIE toward long-term success.
The Corporate Strategy team resides in Corporate Strategy & Development and is tasked with identifying and articulating transformative growth and innovation strategies while also supporting sophisticated development projects.
This is an exciting and ambitious role with the opportunity to influence Sony and the global media and technology industries. The candidate is encouraged to bring research and analytics, strategic problem solving, and strong communication skills. A consistent track record in business planning, analysis and modeling is a must.
- Generating complex analyses and scenario planning for executive recommendation and decision-making
- Evaluating new business models, as well as making recommendations on how to optimize existing business opportunities
- Generating, synthesizing and analyzing relevant research reports to advise mid and long-term strategy
- Partnering with internal & external stakeholders to identify business opportunities and inform long-term strategy
- Supporting critical initiatives with thorough data analysis
- Analyzing and interpreting large business intelligence data sets to discover key insights to drive business objectives
- Generating ad-hoc internal analysis and Power Point presentations, optimizing for salient information and flow
- Assisting in research of overall industry trends and qualitative/quantitative competitive analysis
- 10 years+ years of strategic planning, management consulting, or investment banking experience
- Experience performing research and data analysis to develop business strategy and plans
- Excellent interpersonal skills, written and verbal communication, and executive presence
- Advanced financial & managerial model building
- Strong work ethic and ability to work under pressure to meet fixed deadlines
- Strong team-player
- Ability to work and lead projects independently
- Ability to multi-task, manage multiple projects at one time, and rapidly change priorities based on business needs
- Proactive, able to self-start, pitch and manage relevant projects with minimal supervision
- Video game industry knowledge
- Expert proficiency with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- MBA or equivalent degree strongly preferred
Additional Preferred Experiences/Skills
- Passion for video games
- Experience in mobile gaming
- Tech, gaming or related industry experience
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us, and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.