PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
San Mateo, CA
Sony PlayStation is seeking a talented Paralegal who wants to work on cutting-edge tech product development, marketing, IP, and entertainment issues as a member of the PlayStation Legal Clearance Team. This position supports the PlayStation video game products and services. PlayStation offers the opportunity to work in a technology company with an entertainment focus, in a casual environment that provides challenging legal issues. A good fit will love technology, cutting-edge legal issues and working closely with a team.
- Review video games in development to provide intellectual property clearance and confirm compliance with applicable regulations, company standards and industry standards
- Review packaging, digital store content and marketing materials to provide intellectual property clearance and confirm compliance with applicable advertising regulations, company standards and industry standards (such as ESRB Guidelines)
- Review marketing materials for PlayStation store, video game, and TV and video services
- Administer promotions including:
- Draft sweepstakes and contest rules
- Draft affidavits and releases
- Reviewing marketing creative for compliance with promotion laws, company standards and industry standards.
- Perform trademark clearance searches
- Review of marketing materials for PlayStation network services
- In consultation with Department attorneys/managers, provide advice to Marketing and Product Development groups on all of the above topics
- At least 4 years Intellectual Property, Advertising, Promotions or Entertainment Law Experience in House or at a Law Firm
- Bachelor’s Degree or Paralegal experience
- Background in all or some of the following areas: Trademark, Copyright, Promotions, Privacy, Entertainment and Advertising Law
- Ability to multi-task and effectively assess priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to pay attention to detail
- Experience in entertainment industry a plus
- Experience with technology and video games a plus
- A sense of humor required
- Spanish language skills a plus
- At least 6 years Intellectual Property, Advertising, Promotions or Entertainment Law Experience in House or at a Law Firm
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.