PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
San Mateo, CA
Sony Interactive Entertainment seeks a Solutions Engineer to support the Legal department in its system and process development efforts. This is a truly great opportunity to bring creative thinking and solutioning to those who work on cutting-edge issues in an exciting, fast-paced environment.
- Provide system development, support, and analysis - primarily focused on, but not limited to, SIE’s Contract Management System (CMS).
- Optimize business processes by analyzing the contract life cycle and gathering internal requirements from stakeholders company-wide.
- Design new system features using out-of-the box CMS functionality. Implement solution design by building system rules and configuration components.
- Support existing system functionality and further develop current infrastructure. Review and update existing system configuration and associated data; ensure configurable components are easily maintainable.
- Manage system change initiatives: track deliverables, compile project plans, and update internal stakeholders.
- Test new code, configuration, and functionality prior to implementation. Lead regression and user acceptance testing.
- Assist with system integration initiatives.
- Help lead data migration efforts - work with relevant stakeholders to prepare data and confirm a successful transfer.
- Build, maintain, and schedule reports. Identify commonly used reporting requirements and establish methods which allow users to easily obtain required data. If necessary, modify the existing configuration to accomplish reporting goals.
- Solicit and manage system enhancement requests and feedback. Prioritize and escalate such requests, based on need.
- Troubleshoot, address, report, and track system issues and feedback.
- Develop training materials (through both MS PowerPoint and an online tool), system documentation, and user manuals.
- Educate non-technical users on system functionality and associated processes and procedures. Conduct large-scale user training sessions.
- Implement communication plans which support existing, new, or upcoming functionality.
- Ensure system security by managing access levels, roles, user permissions, and password maintenance.
- Perform advanced edits on data as needed.
- Manage system related content on the Legal department intranet pages.
- Act as a subject matter expert on Legal department processes and procedures and assist users accordingly.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- At least 4 years of system configuration/implementation experience.
- At least 3 years of experience managing a Contract Management System is strongly preferred.
- Must be able to effectively articulate difficult ideas and concepts. Strong verbal skills are necessary to clearly and concisely communicate system functionality to users. Strong written skills are necessary to aid in developing training manuals, presentation materials, and system documentation.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and multi-tasking skills are required.
- Must be able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Must be extremely detail oriented and possess problem-solving skills.
- Experience with Conga Contracts Contract Management software is strongly preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint is strongly preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of contracts and associated processes is strongly preferred.
- Experience with Adobe Captivate is a plus.
- Project management experience is a plus.
- Interest in the gaming industry is a plus.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.