PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
TItle: Senior Manager, Marketing Operations and Analytics Engineering
Location: San Mateo
In this role you will build, lead, and scale SIE”s global Marketing Infrastructure team that sits within the global Marketing Technology org. You will play a vital role in shaping and evolving the way that we communicate with our players across the globe as we prepare to launch PlayStation 5. Martech team members have a wide range of skill sets from SQL experts and audience strategists to attribution modeling.
We are looking to fill this new Senior Manager role, focused on optimizing our marketing data infrastructure and enabling marketing automation, reporting, and activation . In this role you will further enable our global marketing organization to use our first party data to put the customer first in all of our marketing communications. Together as gaming and customer experience advocates, we can show how PlayStation is truly the Best Place to Play.
Who You Are:
- A seasoned leader in the marketing technology space with experience putting together a vision and building a team around the vision to produce business results
- You are flexible and versatile in nature, able to overcome challenges while maintaining a positive attitude and even a sense of humor
- Passionate about answering critical business questions through data
- Passionate about gaming and video game culture
- Expert in manipulating large data sets with complex SQL and Python (or other similar languages)
- Excited about operating independently, demonstrating excellence, and learning new technologies and frameworks
- Expert in data analysis and visualization tools (e.g., Tableau, D3, Datorama, Domo, Looker, etc...)
- You are an analytical thinker who is data driven, with a can-do attitude and flexibility to accommodate to evolving business needs
- You thrive in a collaborative work environment and excel under pressure, with experience working on complex, international, large-scale, time-critical projects
- Excel at taking vague requirements and crystallizing them into automated, long-lasting data solutions using sound judgement gained through years of experience
What You Will Do:
- Make responsible stewardship of customer data your #1 priority and enable a mutual value exchange with our PlayStation gamers
- Turn our 1st party data into a competitive advantage through robust, reliable, and useful data pipelines and data sets that will power marketing analytics, audience targeting, and content personalization
- Build a vision and a team to evolve PlayStation’s marketing technology stack to align with and accelerate our marketing strategy for the next generation of gaming
- Own the design and maintenance of PlayStation’s 1st party attribute and audience stores to ensure global stakeholder awareness of data availability in our markets across the world
- Manage and operate the pipelines to ensure data availability for audience marketing and analytics across all markets
- Partner with product, engineering, and BI orgs where necessary
- Lead the team that will be acting admins on marketing technology platforms such as DMP, CDP, and data visualization platforms.
- Create and own SIE’s 1st party ID graph
- Build tools to monitor the integrity of SIE’s marketing data
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.