PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Media Strategy Lead (Live Services & eCommerce)
San Mateo, CA
We are thrilled to bring on a new Media Strategy Lead, Live Services & eCommerce. This individual will have a strategic and visible role within SIE's global Marketing Department, responsible for developing and leading global media investment strategy for Live Services & eCommerce.
In this role, you will work alongside the Live Service & eCommerce group to build strong media strategies and objectives that balance delivering the requisite brand impact. Do you love the art of marketing and the science of attribution? If so, this extraordinary role for you!
You will also closely collaborate with our internal Media Planning & Activation team and the global media agency to ensure a quality media performance, and report on campaign performance & optimization to senior partners.
We are seeking a hardworking leader with vision on the topic of driving highly effective, efficient, and innovative advertising in today’s media landscape, across acquisition, engagement, and retention-related metrics.
You will be expected to deliver media strategies for plans that cover the full spectrum of paid media channels. While an in-depth knowledge of digital media is required to perform this role, it is equally critical that you combine this expertise with data-led analysis and creative thinking on a regional basis, and that any market-level recommendations within the strategy are tuned to each region’s media marketplace and consumer behaviors. As a part of a new and growing team, you will also have an excellent opportunity to improve, innovate and/or pioneer new ideas over multiple areas or functions related to media.
Main Areas of Responsibility:
Media Strategy & Analysis:
- Develop global media strategy, crafting & executing innovative, insight-led, impactful media strategies, which deliver on important metrics / objectives
- Work closely with Live Service & eCommerce Marketing teams & partner with key Marketing functions to develop robust Global Media briefs
- Partner with the in-house PlayStation Media Planning & Activation team to ensure that media plans fully embody the media strategy, and that, across fixed and fluid media channels, audiences and objectives are planned holistically
- Provide Territory teams (internal & agency) with the globally consistent strategic vision & locally relevant implementation recommendation to guide the creation of localized media plans
- Develop global processes for briefing and developing media strategies, connecting to overall business / communication planning
- Deliver significant campaign reporting and analysis to partners, combining insights and data from internal and external media buying teams to establish opportunities for optimization
- Collaborate with creative teams & agency to advise the development of the right content and assets for different audiences and platforms
- Partner with data science and insight teams to operationalize Media Mix Model and Multi-Touch Attribution programs
- Partner with global media leadership team to negotiate media upfront opportunities and partnership terms.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Successfully grow the Media team’s impact on PlayStation’s global business, as measured by a blend of brand metrics, return on investment/ROAS & performance critical metrics (e.g. effective cost per lead, high value customer segments reach), business goals, and partner feedback
- Ability to keep a broad base of partners aligned to the approved media strategies during campaign planning and execution, evaluate success of the media campaign, and pro-actively suggest optimizations
- Ability to innovate campaigns in partnership with all key partners and teams
Bachelor Degree and/or equivalent experience required. Degree in Marketing, Communications, Business or Economics is preferred.
Required and Preferred
- 7+ years of relevant experiences in media planning and strategy, with experience developing successful global media campaigns preferred
- Digital e-commerce, subscription, consumer lifecycle & performance marketing expertise required
- Experience with handling large agency relationships preferred
- Experience negotiating platform upfronts or channel partnerships preferred
- Experience in working in global / regional roles and digital media strategy and execution standard methodology preferred
Candidate Preferred Qualities
Ideal candidate attributes
- Advertising expertise – understands driving demand, mental availability, and converting consideration into purchase action
- Strategic problem solver, with the ability to clearly articulate and implement plans
- Strong digital acuity – understanding of the role of emerging platforms in media landscape
- Ability to use sophisticated analysis to make decisions
- Flexible and adaptable while maintaining positive attitude
- Doesn’t settle for the status quo, challenges and leads change in a positive way!
- Self-starter with passion, energy, enthusiasm to get results and affect meaningful change
- A teammate who is able to work together within the group and across business units/functions – high emotional intelligence
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.