PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
An exciting opportunity to join a new distributed team that manages content and operations for PlayStation.com - marketing some of the world’s most popular products, services and experiences. We're looking for an experienced technically focused Senior SEO Technical Analyst to manage all search engine optimization and marketing activities across PlayStation’s web channels, supporting the SEO road-map across onsite optimization, technical SEO, and optimal indexability/crawlability. The successful candidate will be resourceful, resilient, highly organized, with a can-do attitude, as well as be a self-starter with passion, energy, enthusiasm to get results and affect meaningful change. This is a global role and will require collaboration with a distributed team across multiple time-zones.
Main Areas of Responsibility:
- You will be responsible for leading all tech SEO activities such as auditing, troubleshooting and management of SEO dashboard tech tools
- Provide technical SEO guidance to development team responsible for everyday work streams.
- Perform ongoing tech audit and monitoring of SEO tools.
- Research and implement search engine optimization recommendations.
- Develop and implement link building strategy.
- Recommend changes to website architecture, content, linking and other factors to improve SEO.
- Understanding customer behavior with on-site Adobe Search & Promote tool.
Business Management & Engagement:
- Be an ambassador for SEO; educating key partners of the importance of SEO.
- Provide SEO guidelines to the business.
- Ensure SEO processes aligned with marketing efforts.
Reporting on Performance:
- Execute tests, collect and analyze data and results, identify trends and insights in order to achieve maximum return on investment in paid search campaigns.
- In-depth experience with website analytics tools (e.g. Google, Adobe Analytics, Test & Target)
- Track, report, and analyze website analytics and PPC initiatives and campaigns.
- Perform competitive analysis; understand search strategies of competitors, offering insights and take advantage of gained insights.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest trends and standard methodologies in SEO and SEM.
- Experience with tools (e.g., Screaming Frog, Ahrefs, MOZ, Rank Ranger, Deep Crawl, SEO Clarity, Click Equations, Marin, Kenshoo, search Ignite)
- Collaborate with developers to implement technical and onsite SEO changes across both UK and international (e.g. site architecture, internal page-linking) to optimize PlayStation’s digital channels from a search perspective.
Required Experience and Skills:
- 3+ year technical SEO experience (content SEO experience a plus).
- Fluent in English with excellent verbal and written communication (proficiency in additional languages is a plus).
- Ability to communicate complex technical SEO solutions in "plain English" to partners who do not have strong SEO or digital understanding.
- Excellent project management, prioritization and multi-tasking skills, with an ability to work in a fast-paced environment with proficiency and integrity
- Expert knowledge of on-page and technical SEO.
- Working experience with off-page / content outreach / link building.
- Proven SEM experience managing PPC campaigns across Google, Yahoo and Bing.
- Solid understanding of performance marketing, conversion, and online customer acquisition.
- Knowledge of ranking factors and search engine algorithms.
- Experience using tools such as Wrike/ JIRA/SAP.
- Intermediate Excel and PowerPoint skills and ability to shape a story of successes/opportunities based on data.
Desired Skills and Attributes:
- Strong interpersonal skills - ability to influence and work collaboratively within the group and across business units/functions – high emotional intelligence and not be afraid to challenge when necessary.
- Strong analytical skill set to complement very customer centric thinking.
- Experience with multi-site, multi-language, global site SEO management a plus.
- Flexible and adaptable.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.