PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
An exciting opportunity to join a new distributed team that manages content and operations for PlayStation.com - marketing some of the world’s most popular products, services and experiences. We're looking for an experienced SEO Specialist to lead all search engine optimization and marketing activities across PlayStation’s web channels; own the SEO Content road-map across onsite optimization, keyword research, and link building to ensure SEO objectives are achieved. The successful candidate will have global/multi-territory experience, be resourceful, resilient, highly organized, with a can-do attitude. As well as be a self starter with passion, energy, enthusiasm to get results and affect significant change. This is a global role and will require collaboration with a distributed team across multiple time zones.
Main Areas of Responsibility:
- You will be responsible for handling all Content SEO activities, which includes auditing and developing keyword strategies for new products and services (owned and paid channels) to increase rankings across our digital channels. Identifying content gaps and optimizing copy, with focus on global Help/Support content.
- Track the performance and ranking of PlayStation support content and self-service tools in search engines.
- Proactively research search trends related to new products, features or services and integrate into the content creation process.
- Audit and optimize PlayStation.com support content following SEO on-page standard methodologies including copy, assets and meta-data optimization.
- Identify and propose new opportunities for optimizing and improving support content and online self-service tools searchability and associated workflow.
- Develop and implement link building strategy.
- Maintain internal keyword dictionaries to optimize searchability of support content on PlayStation.com.
Business Engagement & Management:
- Take accountability for Content SEO; educating key partners of the importance of using SEO.
- Liaise with partners and assist content strategy, sharing insights with the broader business.
Reporting on Performance:
- In-depth experience with website analytics tools (e.g. Google, Adobe Analytics).
- Experience with tools (e.g. BrightEdge, Screaming Frog, Ahrefs, MOZ, Rank Ranger, Deep Crawl, SEO Clarity, Click Equations, Marin, Kenshoo, search Ignite).
- Effective PowerPoint presentations summarizing recommendations, SEO highlights and deficiencies, data and insights.
- Report ad-hoc, weekly, monthly and yearly results, as well as updates on project status, to the line manager.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest trends and standard methodologies in SEO and SEM.
Required Experience and Skills:
- 3+ years hands-on SEO experience (content creation and technical SEO experience a plus).
- Fluent in English with excellent verbal and written communication (proficiency in additional languages is a plus).
- Demonstrate a high-level understanding of SEO and how Google algorithms work.
- Familiarity with SEO tools (eg BrightEdge, etc), Search Console and other Google tools.
- Experience and understanding of Adobe tools, including Search & Promote, Adobe Analytics and Adobe Experience Manager (AEM).
- Experience in online support and online channels for consumer service preferable.
- Familiarity with technical SEO and response code analysis as well as implementing the appropriate steps to rectify.
- Experience with big brand, multi-site, multi-language, global site SEO management.
- Strong project management, prioritization and multi-tasking skills, with an ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline orientated environment with proficiency and integrity.
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills and ability to shape a story of successes/opportunities based on data.
- Familiar with using tool such as Confluence/JIRA/SAP/WRIKE.
Preferred Skills & Attributes:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills - ability to influence and work collaboratively within the group and across business units/functions – high emotional intelligence.
- Eye for detail, content savvy.
- Solid understanding of performance marketing, conversion, and online customer acquisition.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.