PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Manager, Security PMO team
San Diego, CA
SIE seeks a highly-qualified candidate for the position of Manager, Security PMO team. The person in this role will lead a Program Manager team that provide support to the SIE InfoSec team. The team runs projects and programs, defining and implementing processes, supporting the portfolio across the InfoSec environment, as well as supporting the Global PMO office. We are looking for a candidate who can lead the team, build relationships across the organization, and ensure that the right processes, projects, and programs are in place. This person will also be managing their own programs and projects as well as managing the team. The ideal candidate will possess expert project and program management skills, be an excellent communicator, and be passionate about growing the careers of the employees on their team. Prior experience in InfoSec is a strong plus. The responsibilities listed are not all inclusive and additional duties may be assigned.
Provide leadership and advocate for Program Managers in the PlayStation Global Program Management Office who directly support the InfoSec group on a day-to-day basis. Oversee headcount, deliverables and schedules for multiple ongoing projects, ensuring that resources are appropriately allocated and that goals, objectives and timelines are met in accordance with InfoSec program and organizational roadmaps. Collaborate with staff and management of the InfoSec team as well as multiple worldwide business units, and external partners to clearly identify, explain, and communicate their project involvement, project goals, expectations, and tasks. Represent the organization to executive leadership, providing visibility on major initiatives. Possess strong leadership skills, demonstrated project management ability, and a positive approach in managing partners, and project related issues. Recognize areas for internal improvement and development plans for implementation. Lead or participate in process improvement initiatives, as assigned, and promote the sharing of standard methodologies. Develop and assess metrics to support project deliverables. Provide reports to senior management on project status. Build and maintain knowledge in our industry and convey knowledge to others. Participate in executing the vision, mission and goals for the team. Provide development plans and opportunities to for growth for your team members.
- Extensive Program Management experience mandatory, experience leading a team of Program Managers desirable
- BA/BS Degree or equivalent practical experience
- 7+ years experience working in a program/project management capacity for software and platform development projects
- 5+ years in a leadership role developing and mentoring teams
- Agile specialist with a strong grasp of Waterfall, SAFe methodology experience desired
- Understand all phases of delivery cycles, possess an ability to identify risks and provide the mitigation strategy
- Highly motivated, entrepreneurial, able to push through ambiguity
- Experience with leading teams and projects in multiple geographic locations. Ability to collaborate and partner with various teams and cross-functional partners.
- Experience with driving and delivering large/sophisticated global programs with cross functional partners
- Ability to navigate organization complexities, must excel in conflict resolution, negotiation, and people management across different cultures and seniority
- Focus on efficiency, scalability, and automation
- Must be proficient with key PM tools – JIRA, Confluence, others
- Must demonstrate effective leadership and possess ability to drive projects to successful completion
- Must exhibit meticulous attention to detail, and have the ability to make clear and timely decisions
- Motivated, organized self-starter who is able to solve complicated problems effectively
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to travel between SIE locations as needed
- Experience in delivering InfoSec programs, working with IT partners, possessing an understanding of the gaming or eCommerce environment desirable
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.