PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Marketing Deliver Manager (Global Store & Services)
San Mateo, CA
Key Function and Responsibility of the Role:
Do you want to have an impact the PlayStation Plus, PlayStation Now and PlayStation Store businesses in the US? Join us!
PlayStation Global Store and Services Marketing are on a mission to become the engine of profitable growth that future proofs the PlayStation business for years to come. We will achieve this by providing personalised, relevant and inspiring campaigns that add value for our Players and improve their gaming experience. You will lead the successful delivery of all campaigns as well as actively supporting the global alignment through relevant counterparts in the team. Reporting to the Group Manager, GSS Marketing Delivery, this is a key role in the new Global Marketing group, accountable for ensuring the success of key marketing initiatives. You will be proficient in campaign planning, audience management, and offline and online marketing execution.
This is an exciting time to join as we move into global ways of working and to make an impact on how the marketing operation is established in the American market within a global context.
Main Areas of Responsibility:
The Marketing Manager Delivery role will include, but will not be exclusive to, the following responsibilities:
- Quarterly Media plan development and delivery: Managing the US Quarterly Briefs and briefing process aligned to the Global Guidelines, feedback and approval of media plans working with the agency, in-house Media Teams and territory partners for implementation.
- Holistic planning and delivery in US: Responsible for delivering aligned plans for the US market that amplify global key campaigns and closes any gaps supporting locally relevant activity not covered in the global plan. List of areas local activity may include are: D@R, Influencers, PR, Events, Media Partnerships etc.
- Budget Management: Responsible for providing budget recommendations on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis to ensure sufficient investment in US. Provide budget data for global finance process and control.
- Performance analysis and reporting: Lead relevant media and business data analysis from US Market activity and provide impactful marketing insights. Focus on the domestic market but feeding into global performance reporting.
- Owned channels development: Responsible for US content calendar for owned channels, ensuring global alignment to key content beats as well as customisation to regional/local requirements when relevant.
- Portfolio integration of US Store & Services Marketing activity: Responsible for alignment of Store & Services campaigns with the rest of the portfolio activity in America. In charge of communicating with the wider GSS Marketing team.
The successful candidate will be able to balance multiple priorities in a dynamic and intricate environment, have significant digital marketing expertise as well as offline media/trade marketing/influencer and other mid-low funnel media activation. Ideally be experienced in a subscription or eCommerce-focussed role. This role will require outstanding partner management, prioritisation skills, and the ability to develop scalable marketing innovation for a multi-billion-dollar business.
Required: Bachelors degree. Preferred: Digital Marketing qualifications
6+ years of marketing experience in a data-led business (entertainment/gaming/e-commerce)
Experience in working in global / regional context
Proven expertise in digital media strategy and execution as well as omnichannel marketing
Ability to work with Adobe Analytics and Wrike.
Candidate Preferred Qualities
Analytical, results focused high accountability mentality
Doesn’t settle for the status quo, challenges and leads change in a positive way
Comfortable with ambiguity, manages with calm confidence with a bias to action
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.