PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Consumer Analyst (Global Store & Services)
San Mateo, CA
Sony Interactive Entertainment's (SIE) Global Store and Services team (GSS) is a lively organisation that run both the transactional store and subscription businesses for PlayStation. We are growing the Insights and Modelling team that supports the commercial operations for GSS, and we are looking for you! Do you want to work together with us at the forefront of digital content distribution?
GSS brings together PlayStation teams from around the world, with a passion for engaging our gamers with relevant and entertaining content. This area of SIE has seen significant growth in recent years to become a key revenue contributor and continues to evolve with the industry to build new business opportunities. As a key part of this team you will focus on analysing and improving the performance of our Global Digital@Retail (D@R) offering – codes redeemable on the digital storefront purchased physically, such as in retailers. Reporting to the Central Insights Manager in the UK, you will play a meaningful role in evaluating the impact of D@R through interpretation and reconciliation of data, insights to the behaviour of D@R, and recommendations to increase SIE’s digital footprint in the retail space. You will also supply technical work to the team with extracting and manipulating data to generate insights and in using data visualisation to communicate analyses to partners. If you are a strong communicator and detail oriented storyteller who is loves data, has a strong analytical mind and thrives in fast paced commercial environment, then we cannot wait to hear from you!
- Partner with global business partners to understand their evolving business needs, find opportunities, and provide measurable insights that are firmly grounded in data.
- Understand the reach of the D@R business as it relates to the PlayStation Store while proactively managing measurable optimisation findings to the business including consumer behavior associated with frequency and purchase habits.
- Handle a large spectrum of data sources extracting, analysing and interpreting consumer and transactional data for PlayStation GSS.
- Provide comprehensive performance updates for Digital at Retail including extracting, analysing, and interpreting transactional data on a Global level and at a Territory level as needed
- Reconciliation of D@R business including monthly reports and redemptions with an acute ability to identify and seek for variances
- Stock inventory reconciliation of product in market versus actual sales - resolve inventory threshold based on sales, re-orders, and handle invoicing settlement
- Collaborate with other analytics teams to drive business needs.
- Support GSS analysts by demonstrating high standard developing processes and data assets. Become valued as a data wizard by the business, communicating with people at all levels.
- Identify and drive improvements to the current data model and reporting by getting to understand the full data flow from retailer to internal partner
Qualifications and skills:
As this role is Global, a flexible approach to working hours will be in effect as needed. International travel may be required when possible and as needed. You are no stranger to a collaborative team-oriented environment and have extraordinary communication, presentation and organisational skills with a keen eye for detail. We want to make sure you are confident working both autonomously and in teams and require you to be adaptable in a dynamic and environment while comfortable addressing all levels of business partners, both technical and non.
- Bachelor's Degree and at least 4 years of relevant analytics experience
- Strong SQL skills with the ability to perform effective querying involving multiple tables and sub-queries
- Expert Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Tableau super user. Bonus points for: Python, or R
- Data-driven and skilled at extracting, manipulating, and consolidating data from multiple sources.
- Ability to distinguish trends and patterns using large and complex data sets as well as telling a coherent and compelling story by synthesising data
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.