PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Sony Interactive Entertainment
Aliso Viejo, CA
Senior Software Engineer
Sony Interactive Entertainment is looking for a hardworking software engineer seeking to push the boundaries of cloud gaming. As part of the Hardware and Systems Engineering team, you will be responsible for the design of the ground breaking technology powering PlayStation Now and other cloud-based services. As Senior Software Engineer, you will have the opportunity to develop innovative new hardware and software technology for production-grade services. You have broad exposure to Linux / BSD systems and a wide variety of CPU, storage and network technologies. Never a dull day, this position offers a healthy mix of production and R&D projects, ensuring that work is both challenging and rewarding.
An ideal candidate is someone who enjoys facing new challenges and takes great pride in overcoming them.
- Design and development of robust modular systems
- Development of low-level system software
- Troubleshooting performance and reliability issues at a global scale
- BS in Computer Science / Software Engineering or 10+ years of relevant work experience
- 5+ years of experience in C/C++ and/or Python
- 5+ years of experience in low-level Linux / BSD systems programming
Skills & Knowledge
- Exceptional Python programming and development skills
- Strong C/C++ programming and development skills
- Strong debugging / analysis / troubleshooting skills
- Linux and/or FreeBSD user/kernel space
- File systems, object/block-based storage and networking
- Git version control
- Motivated self-starter
- Strong communication and documentation skills
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Active contributor to open-source projects (including Linux, Python and FreeBSD)
- Experience in developing distributed systems
- Familiarity with software-as-a-service
- Understanding of Japanese language and culture
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.