PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation
Platform and Service Support Manager
We have an exciting opportunity to join Sony PlayStation on our Platform & Policy team. Here, you will be focused on driving third-party partner engagement with SIE platforms and services. Your efforts will ensure partners can take full advantage of the ever-growing suite of products and features available on PlayStation, while also balancing wider SIE business interests and priorities.
We work with a broad range of teams across core internal groups such as Platform Planning & Management (PPM), Global Store and Services (GSS) and Legal & Business Affairs (L&BA). In addition, we maintain strong business relationships with third-party partners developing on the PlayStation platform.
To be successful, you will secure and assist with partner involvement, represent the needs of these partners back to the business, while also participating in our future product design.
Qualified applicants will have experience in a platform and service environment, preferably within the video games industry. We seek a strong awareness of industry business, priorities and trends and a functional understanding of the development process. If this is you, come play with us here at PlayStation!
- Evangelize and communicate products, features and tools internally within Global Publisher and Developer Relations teams and to third-party partners
- GPDR central point of contact regarding functionality, information sharing, partner feedback, operational support and requirements
- Establish and coordinate a framework for SIE teams (PPM, GSS, etc) to engage with partners, enabling a productive exploration of future platform requirements
- Align with Account Management teams to forge strategic partner relationships with the long-term goal of mutually driving business needs through development.
- Work closely with PPM and GTPR Policy Managers to define business policies relating to new platform or service products or features
- Develop and deliver partner support for key initiatives, building project structures and setting targets, goals and achievements as appropriate.
- Regular analysis and review of trends and partner happiness within the ecosystem, reporting back to key internal partners (e.g. PPM) to assist influencing product definition and road map
- Define and track metrics to assess partner usage and efficiency of product features, analyzing and assessing the health of the platform, identifying issues or gaps and recommending next steps to rectify
- Maintaining broad awareness of all business, technical and operational initiatives within the company, recommending strategies and prioritization within the context of partner engagement as and when required
- Experience working in or with third-party accounts, in the games industry or equivalent
- Extensive games development and publishing experience, with an acute understanding of current trends, challenges and business models such as Games as a Service or Free to Play
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required. Ability to communicate with a wide variety of audiences ranging from technical to non-technical, across business verticals and up to executive level (where required)
- Interest in gaming, gamer culture, digital entertainment and consumer electronics is strongly desired
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in SIE.