PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
PlayStation is for everyone! Global Consumer Experience (CX) provides exceptional global services, including customer care, digital commerce support, and online platform moderation. We build and retain brand loyalty by representing the exciting and unique entertainment ecosystem available on PlayStation.
Are you a problem-solver who enjoys removing obstacles and is comfortable working across regions and cross-functionally. Do you have experience performing under pressure in a dynamic environment and can partner across an organizational matrix to deliver optimal results against challenging timelines? We are looking for someone who is passionate about gaming and has an interest in media and entertainment! As a Game & Media Support Program Specialist you will drive all related activities for PlayStation Global CX games, media, applications, and promotions.
Responsibilities will include the end-to-end consumer journey from when a consumer encounters an issue and needs help to find the solution. You will also be accountable for identifying key consumer challenges and working cross-functionally with internal partners to share impact and feedback that lead to improvements in the overall consumer experience.
Acting as a subject-matter-expert with our contact centers, we ensure quality and customer satisfaction goals are met. Improving the agent’s knowledge and evolving process and policies to ensure consumers' issues are resolved on the first contact is expected with this role. When unexpected incidents arise, we will partner across the organization to ensure the matter is raised and addressed promptly.
- Ensure delivery of advanced support readiness activities before new launches, content changes, promotions, and major events. Readiness activities include consumer self-help messaging and documentation, agent awareness, process documentation, and reporting.
- Regularly report and present to partners on critical support metrics and the status of efforts you are leading.
- Analyze support cases and survey data to identify the cause of issues to drive improvement efforts.
- Develop and improve Customer Support workflows, knowledge documentation, and training to reduce support contacts and increase satisfaction.
- Take accountability for reducing support costs by working across the CX team to improve self-service support, eliminate repeat contacts, and delivery on automation and innovation strategies.
- Work directly with Contact Center partner personnel to realize and reduce customer dissatisfaction due to behavioral or knowledge gaps, ineffective processes or technology.
- Resolve executive partner concerns and conduct case studies to prevent issues from reoccurring.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to execute on company initiatives and achieve department goals while preparing and presenting findings to the executive management team.
- 3+ years of experience in Customer Support or Experience management or related field.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management/Administration or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of the gaming industry and PlayStation heritage
- Weekend and evening schedule flexibility required to support major releases/launches and to triage unexpected incidents.
- Requires building compelling slide decks and present a narrative that will influence others.
- Ability to travel to contact centers or other Sony offices once a quarter.
- Analytical approach with the ability to parse through a large volume of data to detect trends and report on insights. Adept at using Excel and other reporting tools.
- Ability to build consensus, establish trust, communicate effectively and champion cultural change across organizational boundaries
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge and effective use of project management processes and tools.
- Ability to work well independently or within a team, and adapt to dynamics associated with emerging/maturing products and services.
Preferred Experience / Education:
- Master’s degree or MBA in a related field.
- Past success in establishing support protocol when a new product is publically released
- Working understanding of analytics software, e.g. Qlik, Tableau, or MicroStrategy.
- Formal Project Management certification
- Experience working in a multilingual environment and a good knowledge of another language.
- Japanese language proficiency and working experience a huge plus.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.