PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Director, Product Marketing
San Mateo, CA
As the Director, Product Marketing, you will lead all marketing aspects for PlayStation Platforms, including PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4. You will report to the Vice President of Marketing, Global Masterbrand and Platform Marketing. This meaningful role, leads the integration of long-range planning for console product development and content portfolio. You will strategize to ensure market competitiveness of PlayStation overall.
We are looking for someone who can lead the annual planning process for PS Platform, identify critical issues and opportunities, develop strategic plan and resource allocations. Providing inputs and mentorship to consumer research to define critical drivers for platform adoption, affinity and engagement are also required. Other strategic planning responsibilities include:
- Guide development of operating plans mobilize key cross-functional teams and engage all levels of organizational leadership.
- Identify and assess strategic issues; support them into the execution phase by bringing key partners together to make effective decisions with efficiency.
- Serve as a key marketing partner in defining growth for new and existing products and offerings.
- Develop competitive framework grounded in comprehensive market and category assessments.
- Identifies and integrates key marketing metrics and key performance indicators for the category and brand that enables leadership to make critical and timely decisions for marketing investment.
Product and Content Planning
- Develop key analytic frameworks & models to figure out product mix and marketing investment for PlayStation Platforms.
- Collaborate with the sales planning functions in each region worldwide, to lead console P&L, including monthly SKU planning forecast and product mix strategy.
- Lead team to execute against product strategy and roadmaps regionally.
- Collaborate with product development teams to define positioning of console products/features, including integration of product with brand strategy.
- Determine partnership and content integration required to drive platform adoption and market competitiveness.
- Content portfolio oversight across 1st and 3rd party content, to enable the PlayStation Platforms to maintain leadership in the marketplace, reinforced by its content portfolio strategy.
- Liaise with content development/management teams to evaluate content offering through the lens of platform and consumer strategy.
People & Team Leadership
- Build, lead, develop and mentor a team of star product marketers.
- Work closely with development, marketing communications teams, PR, sales, account management, operations, agencies, content partners on go-to-market development of all product launches.
- Act as strategic brand advisor to the executive and senior leadership team.
Required and Preferred
- Bachelor’s degree from top-tier university. MBA is a plus
Marketing Leadership Experience
- 15+ years’ experience leading teams in global organizations with growing levels of responsibility
- Has demonstrated leadership in product marketing for a large-scale consumer facing brand with a diverse portfolio.
- Deep experience working with product and/or content development teams. Expertise in making business-critical decisions
- Experience leading a P&L, demand planning and forecast analysis of a large-scale product portfolio.
- Demonstrated strategic strengths and analytical horsepower in the field of marketing. Launched products of significant complexity
- Defined and established teams across marketing disciplines.
- Significant experience and understanding of business operations with strong critical thinking and prioritization skills.
- Strategic and flexible approach to business problem solving. Ability to process information to formulate an effective strategy and programs
- Maintain strict confidentiality with privileged information, collaborate well with others in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Strong thought & people leadership experience
- Experience balancing multiple projects & team members in highly dynamic and fluid environment
- Demonstrated ability to think big picture and distill clear insight in a concise, articulate manner
- Work towards results! Commitment to high standards and passionate about goals/ beliefs in the face of complex obstacles/roadblocks
- Big collaborator. Work efficiently & co-operatively with peers and across matrices.
Candidate Preferred Qualities
- Strong soft skills with the ability to form deep and trusted relationships, across organizations, to achieve common goals.
- Experience collaborating with and presenting to C-level executives who are proactive and organized.
- An energetic, ambitious, hardworking and focused teammate with a passion for Games and Tech products
- Ability to run complex plans with multiple business partners.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.