PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Strategic Initiatives Manager
San Mateo, CA
In this critically important role, you will work with multiple Sony entities to effectively define business and market opportunities and implement them with the focus on digital and data transformation. You will bring years of diverse expertise in business strategy, business and use case creation, data analysis and culture, and program management. Your style will be a highly strategic and facilitative one that requires a combination of focus and flexibility.
- Build and manage relationships with partners across SIE and across the other Sony businesses to facilitate discovery of opportunities and drive strategic initiatives from inception phase
- Collaborate with internal staff and management, and external Sony entities (including subject matter authorities, technology teams, data governance, legal, security teams, etc.) to identify and communicate expectations and tasks
- Provide and present reports to project teams and senior management on project status
- Translate business requirements to executable actions and drive execution on long-term vision as well as to meet short-term objectives.
- Occasionally, support general administrative duties, such as scheduling, organizing and planning of offsite meetings, etc.
- BA/ BS Degree or equivalent, Masters in relevant field a plus
- Minimum of 10 years professional work experience required
- Applicable/transferable experience: tech, media, entertainment, business strategy or consulting
- Motivated, organized self-starter with the ability to multitask and balance multiple projects of varying complexity under tight time constraints
- Ability to work effectively and expertly with cross-functional groups across divisions, worldwide, as a team
- Ability to drive and execute plans but also creatively tackle problems for which the answers aren’t always obvious
- Outstanding financial and quantitative analysis skills to identify trends impacting the business and synthesize findings in common business language
- Experience in domestic and international project management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with other Sony businesses a huge plus
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.