PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Associate Business Performance Manager
San Mateo, CA
Working as part of a global organization the Associate Manager, Customer Retention, will plan, execute and report on PS Plus activities across all global markets, while liaising with partners in core PlayStation offices in North America, Europe and Asia. The three areas of focus are:
Customer and Retention: Focused on long term revenue generation through retention of PlayStation Services customers. The role is responsible for designing, business casing, implementing and reporting upon customer facing engagement and retention initiatives; with the end goal to reduce customer churn and increase customer happiness.
Services P&L Management: Seen as the face of PlayStation Services in North America and LATAM. You need to have an overall understanding of the Global performance position (through working with the Services Global P&L management team) and host the North America and LATAM performance meetings. In addition, this role will be vital in providing regional feedback to help provide commentary on North America and LATAM performance.
Operational Interface: A successful candidate will build strong partner relationships with operational delivery teams (such as: Marketing, eCRM, Merchandising, Customer Service) to support the delivery of customer initiatives driven by the PlayStation Services team. This role is core to leading those stakeholder teams to deliver in-flight projects ensuring the best experience for customers.
- Execute and deliver the Customer & Retention strategy to maximize long term revenue generation, examples include:
- Education of benefits to increase engagement
- 3rd party partnerships to drive value for money perceptions
- Optimizing the PS4 platform to improve customer experience
- Pushing targeted discounts to increase renewal rate
- Collaborating with and leading stakeholder across Marketing, eCRM, Merchandising and Operations - Always looking for ways to change and improve the business operations and processes
- Run weekly global service performance meeting including creation of some supporting materials
- Analyzing performance and improving future proposals and plans
- Communication of plans to partner teams to maximize buy-in and push towards one aligned strategy for success
- Inform, involve and share with both global functions and regional functions
- 3+ Years of experience in a related field or role
- Services/Subscriptions and customer retention background
- Knowledge of the game industry and preferably broad knowledge of wider entertainment industry
- Understanding of the Subscriptions Lifecycle, from Acquisition, through Engagement, Retention, Lapsing and Reactivation
- Experience in business casing activities, forecasting impact on sales, cannibalisation of revenue, additional costs and incremental uplift
- Strong partner management skills; the ability to grow a network of colleagues and influence those relationships to achieve business goals
- Proven focus on customer experience, championing the customer and what is best for the end user
- Expertise in the planning, execution and leadership of business plans
- Innovative and solution-focused with a problem-solving attitude
- Strong project and commercial management skills
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.