PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Sound Studio Technician
This is a 12-month contract position through our staffing partner Yoh Services with a high likelihood of extension.
San Diego, CA
If you’re passionate about the technical side of sound, then come work with the award winning teams that have developed Death Stranding, God of War, and Spider-Man! As our Studio Tech, you will be responsible for helping maintain audio hardware and software systems, and function as an onsite resource for studio tech info, while troubleshooting and correcting any issues that our sound staff encounter. If you have the ability to easily communicate with our staff for solving and maintaining department systems and recording studios, we want to talk to you!
- Assist house engineer in designing studio audio systems and standards
- Maintain database for all hardware, software, in the department
- Research, analyze, and help to recommend system improvements across the department
- Troubleshoot and install studio hardware and software (Mac & Windows)
- Work with vendors, manufacturers, developers, engineers, and project managers to provide resolutions for audio systems and to provide support and maintenance of equipment and software
- Provide oversight of the development, upgrade, and repair of audio systems at our locations
- Provide technical support and training to audio staff
- At least 5 years of experience in an audio studio, live sound re-enforcement setting or studio integration team
- In depth knowledge of sound studio equipment and systems
- Travel between San Diego, Los Angeles (10%) and San Mateo occasionally
- Understanding of signal flow and recording studio system integration and troubleshooting
- Excel, Google docs, asset tracking experience
- Working knowledge of most modern DAWS (ProTools, Nuendo, Reaper, Ableton)
- Working knowledge of signal flow for patch bays (audio, video & RJ45)
- Working knowledge of cable interconnect types and uses
- Network audio experience (Dante, AES67, etc…)
- Soldering skills and audio cable integration is a plus
- Customer Service/Client based experience
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.