PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Graphic Designer (Contract)
Please note this is a contract role, intended to last about 12 months, with the possibility of an extension. In addition, must be able to provide a portfolio or prior graphic design work.
Sony PlayStation, Canada has an exciting full time opportunity for a Graphic Designer in our in house creative team. We are seeking a confident, personable Graphic Designer who has a passion for design problem solving and an expert understanding of creative (brand, copy, typography, color theory, etc.) You understand that effective design and conceptual thought are needed at every level of an interactive, online, or experiential marketing campaign. You are an expert in visual communication and have experience in bringing hazy concepts or briefs to life in a brand-focused, user-centered and appealing way. Your problem solving skill set is needed as much as your aesthetic point of view.
As a Graphic Designer, you will design 360º marketing campaigns; you'd be managing the design process on all marketing materials, including in store displays, trade show signage, and a variety of campaign materials that have the potential to be seen by millions.
- Liaise with the Creative Services Manager on assigned projects and lead internal design initiatives on a continuous basis.
- Oversee projects through from concept, design, production and delivery and ensure that Brand Marketing Goals are met.
- Build and maintain relationships with all the teams in the organization to develop creative strategies and grow the business in a creative and innovative way.
- Provide oversight and support that will help guide the team to ensure they are up to brand standards.
- Manage the design process of merchandising and point of purchase collateral including, but not limited to signage, displays and dummy boxes.
- Manage the design process of event and tradeshow materials including, but not limited to large format posters, window clings and decor.
- Help to execute requests of traditional marketing and social media marketing materials including, but not limited to print ads, social media images, and CRM’s.
- Design and execute marketing for all online marketplaces, including promotional opportunities and pricing optimization to support sales and drive promotions. Update, maintain and optimize website content, images and landing pages on an ongoing basis for new and existing products.
- Design and deliver 3D renderings of retail setups to support the merchandising review process.
- Provide support and assistance on submitting requests for quotes, purchase orders and Contracts for print production projects. Coordinate with vendors to execute on design deliverables.
- Localize graphics and content for the French PlayStation.com website on an ongoing basis.
- Manage translation vendor relationship, services and operations.
- A degree from a four-year college (i.e. BA , BS) in design or a related field.
- At least 4 years professional experience.
- Strong knowledge of Adobe CS6 or Creative Cloud (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator).
- Experience with Adobe After Effects and 3D Studio Max considered a strong asset.
- Work proficiently in an OS X environment
- Experience with adhering to brand guidelines.
- Strong understanding of graphics, marketing and communications, print/production terminology and concepts.
- Possesses a high regard for conceptual thinking and creative ideas that push boundaries beyond the norm.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to oversee pre-press set-up process with printers and suppliers to ensure all are completed and properly managed in a timely manner.
- Keep up to trends in the Print Production Industry.
- Understanding of project requirements, project delivery processes, success factors and implementation guidelines using professional project management tools ( i.e. Wrike)
- Experience in the video game industry
- Agency management experience
- Knowledge of the modern retail environment.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.