PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Sr. Digital Analytics and Monetization Manager
San Mateo, CA
As Sony Interactive Entertainment continues to help drive game-level engagement and revenue through data-driven analysis, our Digital Analytics and Monetization team is looking for a talented team member to utilize his or her deep passion and knowledge of video games in order to empower publishers and developers to drive engagement and revenue in their games through the use of platform-level data with insights and recommendations.
The team needs a self-starter who can drive projects autonomously with the Sony Interactive Entertainment Third-Party Relations team and cross-functionally with Global Store and Services teams, while serving the immediate needs of the game publishing partner. You must display strong initiative for anticipating and meeting the business demands of our business partners.
In this role, you will need to be narrative driven, highly analytical, a strong problem solver, and effective communicator. You must thrive in a fast-paced environment and possess a high level of intellectual curiosity.
The position is based at our San Mateo office and involves close coordination with members of the Partner Strategy and Analytics and Third-Party Relations teams in the US, London, and Japan. You will report to the Global Head of Digital Analytics and Monetization based in San Mateo and will be a key thought partner and go-to person for stakeholders globally.
Projects range from advising on DLC/MTX content models for major AAA franchises to helping publishers understand consumer trends which could help craft their strategy. You will contribute heavily to thought leadership regarding all content related strategy and data-driven aspects of the group, including:
- Proactively identifying key questions that publishers need answered
- Crafting narratives for how PlayStation can help publishers optimize game-level engagement and add-on content spend for third party publishers
- Querying data and creating methodologies to complete industry-shaping publisher projects that will drive revenue and engagement
- Presenting insightful data to internal teams and external publishers in an easy to follow way
- Drawing insights from a combination of deep video game knowledge and user analytics data which would allow publishers understand how to engage/re-engage/monetize players
- Partner with global departments across PlayStation to determine ways to best serve publishers
- Strong history of self-starting, crafting, and presenting compelling analyses and insights
- A passion and familiarity with console/PC games
- Proven skills in database query tools such as Tableau and SQL
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong critical thinking, analytical skills, and an eye for business opportunities
- Highly motivated with outstanding verbal and written communication skills and able to work with others at all levels
- An ability to learn/share opinions globally across PlayStation departments and 3rd Party Publishers and Developers
- Top-tier education; MBA a plus (or equivalent years of relevant experience)
- Prior work experience in Media/Entertainment industry
- International experience