PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
This is a contract position through our staffing partner Yoh Services with a high likelihood of extension.
Los Angeles, CA
Passionate about gaming, dialog and sound? Then come work with the award winning teams that have developed Death Stranding, God of War and Spider-Man. We are looking for a Dialog Coordinator to join Sony Interactive Entertainment Sound Team to help us create and manage high quality dialog content for 1st party product development projects.
- You will work with the dialog supervisor to support the needs of the project.
- Prepare materials and help track recording sessions.
- Manage dialog assets for post-production, outsourcing and localization.
- Implement dialog assets into the game engine and dialog databases.
- Update and fix bugs/issues using tracking software such as JIRA or DevTrack.
- Edit & mastering of both cinematics and in-game dialog assets.
- Direct working knowledge of audio production, recording, editing and mastering.
- Knowledge of professional audio editing tools like (but not limited to) Pro Tools, Adobe Audition, Reaper, Waves Plugins, iZotope RX, etc.
- A problem-solver and team player with strong organization skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and database entry.
- Relevant accredited education in the field of audio \ sound design \ television \ broadcasting \ game design.
- Knowledge or familiarity with commercially available sound middleware and/or internal/proprietary game development tools such as Wwise, Maya, Unreal Engine, etc.
- Knowledge of Pro Tools templates and session set up for recording and mixing in various formats.
- Experience recording and editing dialog for video games \ commercials \ animation \ audio books \ podcasts.
- Client-facing experience with actors, producers, or directors.
- Has worked or shipped 1 AAA title or multiple indie titles.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.