PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
GAME SYSTEMS DESIGNER
SAN DIEGO STUDIO
We have a great opportunity to join PlayStation. We seek a Game Designer to join our MLB The Show team. Here, you will focus on heading up one of the major game modes, tailoring and advancing the experience.
The right person will bring their own creative perspective to system design as a product owner. The ideal candidate is highly imaginative, an avid follower of current design trends, a self-starter, has love and respect for the sport of baseball and is capable of crafting first class experiences. Does that sound like you? If yes, please apply!
- Collaborate with multi-functional teams including product development, UI/UX design, artists, and engineering to define, design and implement fun and innovative gameplay
- Build wireframes, storyboards, user flows, and prototypes to efficiently communicate gameplay and design ideas
- Present designs to peers and partners while clearly communicating design rationale
- Visually and verbally articulate design decisions to teammates both within and outside of the team project
- Establish and promote standard methodologies, and share these with other multi-functional teams
- Conceptualize new systems, as needed, in order to raise the bar within established IP
- Scope work, to fit within achievement deadlines and deliver on time
- Research and experiment with new implementation and creation techniques
- 5 years of experience as a Game Systems Designer
- Demonstrate system design skills with a strong portfolio
- Experience with agile game development practices
- Be up to date with the latest Systems Design trends, techniques, and technology
- Experience with logic trees, flow charting, analytical/mathematical stabilizing
- Experience crafting wireframes, storyboards, user flows, visual designs, and prototypes as well as clear documentation
- Strong communication and interpersonal personality traits
- Experience working on Sports titles
- Game titles with a Live Content
- RPG-style video games
- A passion for the sport of baseball
- Existing experience as a leader in agile frameworks
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.