PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
The Contract Security Operations Administrator is a member of the Security Engineering team at Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE). The main responsibility of this role is to support the security framework that is integrated into the PlayStation platform. This support is fulfilled by minimizing impact to the platform while ensuring the security needs are met. This role is highly technical and requires a demonstrable understanding of security principles and how they are applied to an enterprise environment.
Responsibilities and Duties of the Security Operations Administrator include but are not limited to:
- Operational support of security devices and applications that service customers
- Triage incoming break fix tickets
- Support the care and feeding of security technologies
- Develop and maintain documentation for processes and procedures for security operations
- Understand the SIE security policies and how they are enforced through technical tool sets.
- Keeps current on the current IT threat landscape and upcoming trends in security
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent industry experience
- 5+ year Linux administration, security engineering, or IT experience required
- Advanced Linux/Unix OS and Windows administration knowledge
- Knowledge of current cybersecurity standard methodologies for cloud and on-premises IT infrastructure
- Experience operating cloud infrastructure and cloud security services
- Experience managing network and application layer firewall technologies
- Knowledge of vulnerability management and incident response tools and concepts
- Cloud and on-prem network routing knowledge
- Understanding of scripting and automation technologies
- Good independent problem solving experience
- Troubleshooting abilities and experience
- Ability to manage parallel tasks and accurately document resolutions
- Experience with AWS cloud services
- Experience with secrets management services
- Experience with host based security tools
- Scripting experience (e.g., PERL, Python, Go, shell scripting)
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.