PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
PlayStation HQ: San Mateo, CA
We are interested in all levels of experience
Are you passionate about innovative technology? Do you enjoy developing engineering solutions for software used by tens-of-millions of passionate technology loyalists around the world? Would you like a career opportunity that combines both your passion for games and skills as a software engineer? Then you need to come and play with us here at Sony PlayStation!
We have a great opportunity to join our Global Developer Technology Group. We seek a graphics software engineer to lead studios from AAA to Indie, solve complex engineering problems and research and develop innovative graphics techniques, algorithms, and tools. If this is you, we want to hear from you!
What You’ll Do
- Become an expert in high-end computing graphics technology for games
- Work with leading AAA developers and engineers globally
- Participate in directed R&D with the opportunity to build new technology for game developers
- Focus on graphics and systems technology at the deepest levels and areas of specialization
- Have ownership of projects that impact PlayStation technology and game engineers directly
- Have early access to PlayStation technology to support, educate, and push the boundaries of game technology
What You’ll Learn
- Acquire a broad and deep knowledge of console hardware, graphics, systems and I/O
- Develop insight into leading industry developers technology pipelines
- Learn how PlayStation became the market leader in gaming technology
Your Responsibilities to the Team
- Innovate graphics code and technology to maximize rendering quality and performance
- Utilize your excellent analysis and problem solving skills
- Demonstrate your proven ability to learn new skills and eager to accept new challenges
- Drive initiatives that will result in innovative solutions
- Contribute to an open environment that promotes creativity and strong collaboration
- Act independently, professionally and proactively with continuous drive for excellence
- Demonstrate your excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Be experienced and comfortable speaking to large groups
Interests, what you’ve done in the past
- Worked with groundbreaking technology and R&D
- Have experience working with and writing drivers, core technology
- Be passionate about optimizations and efficiency
- You like to tinker, reverse engineer and make things better, faster
- Have a track record of delivering professional products within time and on budget
- Having enough time for yourself and family rather that long hours crunching at work
About Global Developer Technology Group (GDTG)
GDTG is regarded as a global leader in providing deep technical expertise to game developers. As an engineer in GDTG, you will be part of a world-class team passionate about finding answers and solutions to complex challenges developers face. If you love stretching the limits of what is technically possible, and you are eager to learn new things, then you will fit right in.
Our team works closely with various Sony family groups across the globe from San Mateo, Tokyo, to London, helping to define PlayStation technology now and in the future.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.