PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Player Behavior Senior Analyst
San Mateo, CA
As a data rich company, we are continuing to strengthen the analytics functions and are now looking for a proactive, results orientated Player Behavior Senior Analyst within the growing Marketing Analytics team.
This is a critical and exciting role within the Global Marketing team at SIE. This role will be comprised of 3 main areas:
- Fundamentally understanding the data landscape at PlayStation. Working closely with partners in the Marketing department and beyond to understand their data needs both today and tomorrow and helping to raise their self-serve data proficiency by guiding them though in-house insight platforms. (40%)
- Supporting the Marketing organization and the Marketing Analytics team by responding to ad-hoc data and insight queries, providing them with best-in-class deliverables drawing from a range of data & insight sources. (40%, with a view to reduce this through automation, education and efficient insight delivery)
- Rapidly prototyping new pieces of strategic analysis to fill gaps in knowledge, improve the in-house insight platforms and provide value to the department, team and wider organization. (20%)
- Analytical/Data Skills
- Strong analytical knowledge base, embracing a methodical approach firmly focusing on the Players, their behaviors and associated trends.
- Knowledge & experience in SQL to be used on a near daily basis.
- Interpretation of trends as well as the ability to see correlation between different player behaviors and choices.
- Proficient in using tools including: Adobe Analytics, Tableau; SAS, SPSS, MicroStrategy & Qlik or equivalent.
- Strong data visualization skills, knowing how to present complex data in an easy way to digest for appropriate audiences
2) Communication & Networking Skills
- Ability to communicate complex ideas and analysis clearly, efficiently and influentially, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to tailor the communication according to different partner audiences and cultures across the business and the globe.
- Desire to build strong working relationships across the globe with other data/analytics communities both internally and externally
- A self-starter with the capacity to exercise initiative and creativity appropriately, make informed decisions and to request mentorship when necessary.
- Ability to thrive in a globally dispersed team, where partners and team members may be in a different time zone.
- Collaborative nature with experience of working cross functionally with teams such as Sales and Marketing.
- Passionate teammate with an inquisitive, innovative mindset and ability to think creatively!
- Comfortable with ambiguity and a rapidly evolving technology industry.
- Intense interest and experience in the video gaming or digital entertainment industry
- Over 5 years of experience in analytics and 3 years in marketing related analytics work
- Relentlessly high standards, with a phenomenal sense of ownership over your work
- Relevant Degree and good grounding on other analytical related work knowledge in statistics and modelling
- In Line with SIE ‘Game Changers’ SIE Attitudinal Behavior Approaches: Explore; Build; Collaboration; Communicate; Deliver
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.