PlayStation isn't just the Best Place to Play —it's also the Best Place to Work. We've thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we're recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Do you have a passion for test-driven development and automation? Do you want to work at a company where customers have real excitement for the products you help create? At PlayStation, we are looking for engineers to join a global initiative in robust test automation and Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment systems.
At PlayStation, we are passionate about both teamwork and technology. We love building the systems that millions of people use and are our own first customers.
QA Engineer II
Aliso Viejo, CA
This candidate will play a pivotal role in helping deliver the PlayStation Now application to consumers. This person will help in the manual testing and some automation for PS Now and further help integrate into the larger QA strategy as part of the PlayStation team.
PlayStation™Now is the revolutionary game streaming service that streams hundreds of PlayStation games to a variety of devices for a single subscription price. This is an opportunity to be part of one of the world’s most recognizable brands, and to see your work impact millions of passionate gamers around the world.
- Create Test Plan, Test Cases and Execute them to ensure the quality of new features
- Work closely with developers, Product and Program Management team
- Add, Maintain and improve existing Python based automation framework
- Work with console developers to ensure that all features and bug fixes are tested
- Collaborate with distributed teams for multi-functional test plan, design, and execution
- Report, track and verify defects
- Excellent knowledge of Agile development methodologies and development processes; SCRUM, TDD, CI, CD
- Proven Experience with working on projects utilizing CI/CD(Jenkins)\
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or ability to demonstrate equivalent knowledge
- 5+ years of experience in building and executing test plans and test cases.
- 3 years or equivalent experience in UI automation for web/mobile applications
- Extensive background in QA methodologies and experience developing and executing comprehensive test suites for system software
- Practical experience using development and deployment tools: Git, Jenkins, Docker
- Experience with Selenium or Appium
- Strong knowledge and experience testing APIs and Service Oriented architecture
- Strong technical, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category. We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity.
We encourage everyone to respond. We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us, and thank you for your interest in PlayStation.