PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Associate Content Lifecycle Manager
San Mateo, CA
The PlayStation store business has continued to deliver massive growth and is also evolving rapidly towards new business models. In response, we are undertaking an exciting global restructure which will leverage specialist teams to drive efficiency and optimisation. As part of this, we are creating a Global Content Lifecycle Management (CLM) team who will be responsible for driving the value proposition of the Store.
Reporting to the Senior Manager – Content Lifecycle, the Associate Content Lifecycle Manager will implement the CLM strategy, focusing on key partnerships. They will deliver digital revenue targets via implementation of a joint business planning process and commercial plan. They must work collaboratively, as part of a cross-functional team, to optimise the consumer proposition and deliver key franchise roadmap plans designed to achieve the delivery of shared commercial objectives globally.
The ideal candidate should be an enthusiastic and flexible team player, have proven negotiation skills, and a strong analytical mind that thrives in a fast-paced commercial environment.
- Work directly with assigned accounts to advance the CLM strategy and develop a long-range plan
- Drive the achievement of revenue and digital market share targets for key franchises through the implementation of rolling product lifecycle roadmaps
- Responsible to utilize analytics to support delivery of revenue growth targets for the account(s) they lead
- Secure content and deals with key publishers for inclusion in PS Store promotions as well as new release, live service and lifecycle roadmap initiatives that supports CLM’s strategy and initiatives
- Responsible for leveraging analytics teams to accurately forecast CLM opportunities
- Manage the digital monetization of the content portfolio for key account(s) and align with counterparts across the business to share knowledge of overall portfolio landscape to strategize best practices
- Advise senior leadership on developments and opportunities within your key account(s)
- Meet regularly with internal stakeholders to ensure alignment with broader platform activities
- Responsible to ensure the quality of the end-to-end delivery of digital products to consumers throughout the entire lifecycle with particular focus on seamless product launches
- Support the forecasting process and internal/external business performance updates
- 3+ years of digital entertainment retail experience, preferably working within the Gaming industry
- A passion for video gaming coupled with a broad knowledge of the key markets
- Creative & energetic team player who embraces change and exhibits desire to continually improve
- Strong commercial mindset and able to evidence delivery of targets through joint business planning with partners
- Proven track record of using data to curate and shape portfolio offerings to drive the business
- Proven experience of building strong, influential and collaborative relationships within both internal and external teams
- Resourceful in finding solutions to business problems
- Ability to self-manage and balance multiple projects and priorities
- Commercially focused and results driven with a demonstrable data-centric, analytical mindset
- Track record of successfully growing revenue within a relevant commercial marketplace
- Able to engage, motivate and develop staff at all levels and in different geographies
- Strong communication skills, a proactive attitude, sense of humour, and delivery focused to drive results
- As the role is global, regular international travel will be required as well as a flexible approach to working hours and ability to work as part of an international team
- Microsoft Office and Excel intermediate required
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.