PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Director, Global Communications Strategy
San Mateo, CA
The Director supports the function of brand, corporate and product publicity and is accountable for partnering with PR leads in international markets to drive awareness of PlayStation’s product portfolio and shape a positive narrative for the overall PlayStation brand.
This position drives global communications strategy and execution, working in concert with SIE HQ Communications leads and the broader PR teams leading efforts in territories, primarily in Europe, Australia/New Zealand, Middle East, Latin America and Canada. This individual will oversee collaboration with territories on product launches, brand campaigns, crisis management, executive visibility, and other communications initiatives, all with a focus on media relations that map back to brand KPI’s.
Must demonstrate the ability to collaborate on PR campaigns and programs effectively, and have exceptional people and project management experience. Must be a strong writer, detail-oriented and experienced fostering relationships both internally with stakeholders and externally with media and other influencers.
Must be a confident and composed communicator who can think critically while overseeing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Drive global media and analyst relations strategy and tactics by delivering communications plans that generate coverage results, while driving scale and efficiencies across territory efforts
- Deliver crisis communications process and strategy and effectively integrate executive communication strategies into territory PR plans
- Evaluate and implement best-in-class tools and processes for distributing global PR messaging, assets, other press materials
- Proactively provide stats and insights that help generate territory media coverage
- Drive consistent global communication while ensuring territory needs are met, including localization
- Contribute to global PR plans and programs, and devise solutions to executional challenges that emerge at the territory level
- Oversee Comms team summits to foster two-way communication with territory PR leads, improve processes, and ensure department-wide understanding of regional needs
- Manage Global Comms team members supporting territory PR efforts out of San Mateo HQ and London office
- The desired candidate will possess at least 15+ years of Public Relations and Corporate Communications experience working with consumer and/or tech brands. A combination of agency and in-house is preferred.
- Ability to lead short and long-term strategic planning and execution alongside HQ Communications teams
- Strong background in project management, media relations, strategy, corporate communications, writing and content development
- Knowledge of the international media landscape and experience coordinating global campaigns with counterparts based in territory
- Solid/proven track record of developing and executing creative and strategic PR plans, as well as securing coverage.
- Keen interest in video games and knowledge of the gaming industry is a plus
- Proven ability to build relationships with global stakeholders and partners
- Experienced in people management and career development
- Must be able to collaborate and work effectively in a fast-paced team environment
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.