PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Sr. Program Manager, Ecommerce (Contract Position)
San Diego, CA
Projected Duration: 6 - 12 months pending budget approval
Do you like to work closely with Product Managers and Engineering teams to help plan and track projects from initiation through deployment at a global scale? We are seeking a well-rounded, ambitious, and high-energy Sr. Program Manager to lead various fast-growing programs and improve the commerce platform for the Sony PlayStation Network.
We are passionate about Sony PlayStation, and we live for our customers! You too should demonstrate a real passion and a shown ability to win others over and lead effectively; a dream to grow, learn, and improve; and to inspire others.
As a Senior Program Manager (Contractor) in our Commerce area, you will be responsible for leading projects within our Global Payments, Tax and Fraud area. As a leader within our program management team, you will build and maintain positive collaborations between technical teams and business/product owners to deliver on strategic organizational initiatives.
Our Global Commerce Program Management team is responsible for monetization including digital retail, payment processing, risk decisioning, vouchers, and promotions for our global platform so our thousands of consumers can purchase games easily and securely through our PlayStation platform. This role requires you to be uncompromising in delivery of high quality, scalable, and innovative solutions. You will have shown program management skills in risk, dependency and schedule tracking but also in process improvement and documentation. We strive to provide clear communications and organizational agility. We like to have fun while we work, you should too!
- Develop the overall program plan; definition and agreement on scope, track success criteria, key achievements, and timelines.
- Settle key dependencies; technical, process and people.
- Identify and minimize risks throughout the plan.
- Lead day-to-day activities required to deliver an extraordinary solution on time.
- Facilitate meetings, reviews, and retrospectives and follow up on action items.
- Deliver clear status updates.
- Ability to lead both vertically and horizontally in a global organization
- Develop and share standard methodologies across the team.
To be successful in this role, you should have:
- Minimum Education/Experience thresholds
- 6 - 8 years project/program management with at least a Bachelor’s Degree, or demonstrate significant commiserate practical experience
- 4 years of that dedicated to running complex software programs; knowledge of payment processing or risk decisioning preferred.
- Special consideration if you possess 3+ years of experience in the ecommerce, monetization, gaming, music, digital media, network service industry
- Excellent executive presence and interpersonal skills across all levels of leadership.
- Keen reader of people, culture and situations to take control and make things happen.
- Ability to make decisions independently.
- Recognize and communicate blocking issue situations. Excel in conflict resolution, negotiation, and people management.
- Extraordinary organizational and planning skills.
- Proficiency with tools in agile development (Rally, Jira, Confluence, Trello, etc…).
- Strong preference for expertise integrating JIRA and confluence as a reporting medium.
- Shown understanding of agile software development, and release processes.
- Previous experience in an e-Commerce environment.
- SAFe knowledge (www.scaledagileframework.com).
- Scrum Master or Product Owner certifications.
- Familiarity with digital media software and networking technologies, especially those related to Sony’s products, services, and devices.
- Japanese language skills helpful.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.