PlayStation isn’t just the best place to play… it’s also the best place to work. With the launch of the original PlayStation in 1994, we set out to thrill gamers with amazing experiences. Our never-ending pursuit to push gaming to new heights is the reason we are recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. Under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation, the PlayStation brand and experience exists because of the passionate dedication of our team who work hard for everyone to play.
San Diego, CA
This is an 12 month temporary position through our staffing partner Yoh Services with a likelihood of extension.
You are an experienced game dev who has game programming experience and is passionate about the next big thing in games. We are San Diego Studio, a passionate team within the PlayStation family who provides world-class content, development, and services to our PlayStation fans. Our studio is made up of game industry professionals, and we are looking for a highly-motivated and enthusiastic Gameplay Programmer to join the team.
In this role you will partner with our designers and artists to bring gameplay to life. If you’re as passionate about games as much as we are, we want to hear from you!
- Implement gameplay systems.
- Contribute to the design process of gameplay features.
- Prototyping and refining gameplay features.
- Degree in Computer Science and 3+ years professional/industry experience.
- Expertise in C++ programming and familiarity working in a game engine (UE4 preferred).
- You will be responsible for designing and implementing game play features and systems, working closely with the design team to determine specifications, and implement features to spec.
- Areas of development include: online subsystems, AI, game play, and multiplayer.
- Previous game development experience required.
- Strong problem-solving ability.
- Strong and effective communication skills.
- Ambitious with an ability to take initiative.
- You have a passion for playing and developing exceptional games.
- Experience programming networked systems and understand fundamental multiplayer architecture and principles.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.