PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Sony Interactive Entertainment
Cloud Gaming Engineering & Infrastructure
Aliso Viejo, CA
As a part of Sony Interactive Entertainment, the Cloud Gaming Engineering & Infrastructure (CGEI) team is leading the cloud gaming revolution, putting console-quality video games on any device, from consoles to mobile devices and beyond.
As a Technical Project Manager at PlayStation, you will lead projects developing new software and hardware technology for Cloud Gaming. You will influence teams that design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and improve critical software systems. You will plan requirements, identify risks, manage schedules, and communicate clearly with project stakeholders. You will also be responsible for working with both internal and external development teams to define milestones, schedules, deliverables, and then track the progress of various projects.
- Exercise technical judgment in working with large, cross-functional teams.
- Develop tools and processes to improve software engineering productivity, as well as meeting project goals and objectives.
- Communicate schedules, priorities, and status to all levels in the company.
- Interface with Engineering and Business Owners for project requirements and scope.
- Manage competing priorities and be able to bring order to ambiguous scenarios.
- Thrive through building consensus and driving teams towards results.
- Work with engineers and management to maintain project schedules and to monitor, influence and direct progress.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience working in an engineering team developing and maintaining software.
- Ability to clearly & effectively communicate (written as well as verbally) across the organization and up to senior leadership.
- Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow through on projects.
- Experience leading cross-functional teams to deliver projects with multiple dependencies and constraints.
- Strong working experience with Project Management tools and Agile methodologies in managing technical projects. Experience using tools such as Atlassian, MS Office, and Google Suite
- Gaming and start-up experience a plus.
- Programming or engineering education or background a plus.
- PMP, PMI-ACP, CSM certifications a plus.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.