PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
The Security Operations Engineer is a member of the Security Operations Code and Tools team at SIE. The primary responsibility of this role is to support Security Monitoring and Alerting. This includes improving visibility for the SOC and SIRT. The Engineer will also support the deployment of new security technologies that will improve the overall security visibility of SIE. This role is highly technical and requires a proven understanding of security principles and how they to apply them to an enterprise environment.
- Hands-on implementation and management of security devices and applications to monitor and review network, servers, databases, and applications
- Hands-on experience implementing and maintaining a SIEM
- Develop and maintain documentation
- Maintain knowledge of information security policies and goals
- Keep current on the current IT threat landscape and upcoming trends in security
- Participates in on call rotation for 24x7 support of SIEM
- Other duties assigned
- Bachelor's degree required, or equivalent industry experience (5+ years)
- SANS GPPA certification preferred, or relevant perimeter security experience
- 3+ year security engineering, IT or networking experience
- Linux/Unix OS and Windows administration knowledge
- Firewall rule and policy administration knowledge
- Network routing knowledge
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good independent problem solving experience
- Quality and network security focused
- Troubleshooting abilities and experience
- Ability to handle parallel tasks and accurately document resolutions
- Industry recognized professional certification such as GPPA, Security+, CCNP, CCSE, CISSP
- Direct experience with security infrastructure engineering
- Basic understanding of Scripting (e.g., PERL, Python, shell scripting)
- Experience using a SIEM
- Cloud CICD experience
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.