PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Associate Business Intelligence Analyst – Business Planning
San Mateo, CA
The Global Store and Services team are part of a vibrant organization that manage both the transactional store and subscription businesses for PlayStation. GSS brings together staff from around the world, with a passion for engaging PlayStation gamers with relevant and entertaining content. This area of Sony Interactive Entertainment has seen significant growth in recent years to become a key revenue contributor and continues to evolve with the industry to create new business opportunities. We’re are looking for individuals who are motivated by being part of a truly global team, working together at the forefront of digital content distribution.
The GSS Business Planning team drives accountability for business results through empowering leadership with data & intelligence, implementing KPI frameworks linked to our goals, rigorous cost & margin management and accurate forecasting & planning. We are looking for individuals who are motivated by being part of a truly global team, working together at the forefront of digital content distribution.
Reporting to the Director, Performance Reporting the BI Analyst will be responsible for the design and execution of dashboards and reporting for leadership, ensuring deep understanding of their critical performance metrics and underlying trends.
The ideal candidate is an enthusiastic and flexible team player with a deep technical skillset, a strong analytical mind and who thrives in a fast-paced commercial environment.
- Create dashboards and reports to allow teams to easily explore their performance data and KPIs
- Responsible for ad hoc Business Intelligence requests
- Support the business with time-critical data analyses
- Maintain the integrity of company data and put checks in place to ensure accuracy
- Collaborate with other analytics teams in the wider organization to drive best practices and continuous learning
- 3+ years’ relevant experience as an Analyst
- Experience working with financial data or alongside marketing and sales teams
- A quantitatively focused education - BS/BA in Finance, Mathematics, Economics or equivalent
- You can design clean and intuitive dashboards in Tableau, MicroStrategy or Qlik
- You have outstanding Excel skills and fluency in SQL
- Creative and energetic team player who embraces change and a desire to continually improve
- Resourceful in finding solutions to business problems
- Strong communication skills, a proactive attitude and delivery focused
- Data-centric & analytical with good planning skills and commercial focus
- Strong ability to develop influential and collaborative relationships
- Worked as part of a team that crosses multiple countries and time-zones
- Patient, persistent, pragmatic and diplomatic
- Both detail and 'big-picture' conscious
- Able to operate and communicate at a senior level within SIE as required
- As the role is global, some international travel will be required as well as a flexible approach to working hours to support global business operations
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.