PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Director, Performance Reporting
San Mateo, CA
The Global Store and Services team are part of a vibrant organization that manage both the transactional store and subscription businesses for PlayStation. GSS brings together staff from around the world, with a passion for engaging PlayStation gamers with relevant and entertaining content. This area of Sony Interactive Entertainment has seen significant growth in recent years to become a key revenue contributor and continues to evolve with the industry to create new business opportunities. We’re are looking for individuals who are motivated by being part of a truly global team, working together at the forefront of digital content distribution.
The GSS Business Planning team drives accountability for business results through empowering leadership with data & intelligence, implementing KPI frameworks linked to our goals, rigorous cost & margin management and accurate forecasting & planning. We are looking for individuals who are motivated by being part of a truly global team, working together at the forefront of digital content distribution.
Reporting to the VP, Business Planning the Director, Performance Reporting will be responsible for empowering Senior management with the performance data they need to optimize revenue. We’re looking for a leader with a passion for data and analysis, confident in making data-driven business recommendations to leadership.
- You will drive the strategy for performance data (financial and non-financial data) throughout GSS, including scope, effectiveness and delivery
- You will be responsible for the delivery and accuracy of time-critical performance metrics to GSS leadership via multiple communication routes, reports and dashboards
- You will create a common framework so that GSS performance data can be analyzed in a unified and consistent manner e.g. one version of the truth and consistent application of KPIs
- You will be a change catalyst working within Business Planning and GSS leadership to raise our collective performance, building and driving a culture of “continuous improvement”
- You will leverage the latest technology to automate repetitive tasks and innovate in data visualization to get your message across: a picture speaks a thousand words
- You will partner with and influence the multiple technology teams across SIE to ensure our data needs are met
- You will lead a team across multiple Global locations – building a collaborative working environment and mentoring to optimize team performance
- 15+ years experience in relevant Business Planning, Financial Planning and Analysis or similar organization. Digital retail or subscriptions experience a significant advantage
- Extensive experience leading a Reporting or Analytics function
- BS/BA in Finance, Mathematics, Economics or equivalent
- Strong technical skills including Microsoft SQL, Excel and BI/ data visualization tools
- Consistent record of innovation and delivering continuous improvement in previous roles
- Ability to navigate successfully across a complex organizational and technical landscape
- Advanced communication skills with the ability to interact and influence at a senior level
- Ability to translate and implement strategic vision through people. We also expect you to have the ability to lead through changing and sometimes ambiguous situations
- Creative and energetic leader who embraces change and a desire to continually improve
- Worked as part of a team that crosses multiple countries and time-zones
- Patient, persistent, pragmatic and diplomatic
- International travel will be required as well as a flexible approach to working hours to support global business operations
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.