PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Game Content Manager
San Mateo, CA
As part of the Portfolio team within the Global Third Party Relations team, the Game Content Manager will be one of the key people responsible for evaluating content potential within the PlayStation portfolio. It will also be responsible for helping to maintain the central source of truth and its related tool sets for tracking what titles are coming to PlayStation (and other platforms) and when. Through a combination of sources (submission data, publicly released information, human intelligence from meetings and partner portfolio reviews), this role ensures that the data upon which we base our decisions is accurate.
- Evaluate and report feedback for titles that are in consideration for partnership and prioritization within the portfolio
- Work with internal producers to deep dive on playable builds and report on qualitative feedback with attention to game design, art direction, user experience, and more throughout major milestones of key partner titles
- Work cross-functionally with Account Management teams in identifying title targets not yet on the platform for partnership or prioritization consideration
- Support recruitment efforts for new potential PlayStation partners
- Assist in maintaining a data set of titles, dates, content information, and platform relevance for all content coming to major games platforms.
- Work with leadership to identify the optimal tools and data requirements in order to appropriately track and maintain data
- As requested, run custom reports based on inbound executive requests and parse data accordingly
- Ability to work cross-functionally with global SIE teams and with global third party development and publishing partners
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally as needed up to twice a quarter
- Multi-disciplinary approach to analyzing creative content
- Five years minimum experience in the game industry with a heavy writing focus
- Game design, creative writing and/or production background a plus
- Solid understanding of the development process (understanding how to best approach and evaluate content at different stages of development is important)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Near-Encyclopedic knowledge of major games and genres across all platforms (console, mobile, PC, etc.)
- BS or BA degree or equivalent industry work experience required
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.