PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Corporate Counsel - Litigation Group
San Mateo, CA
Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC (“SIE”) seeks a highly motivated attorney for a Corporate Counsel position to manage litigation in a variety of areas of law, including general commercial litigation, patents, trademarks, copyright, and consumer product issues. This is a truly great opportunity to join a global legal team and work on cutting-edge issues involving video game products and services in an exciting, fast-paced environment.
- Manage litigation involving SIE in federal and state courts, including working with outside counsel and managing litigation budgets
- Respond to 3rd party subpoenas for documents and/or witness testimony
- Work closely with business clients to assess legal risks
- Provide ongoing support for SIE’s products and services
- Assist with developing policies and guidelines for business clients and the legal department
- Work closely with paralegals and administrative staff
- Collaborate with counterparts in other SIE regions, including Europe and Asia
- Maintain a strong knowledge of the video game industry, SIE’s products and services, and relevant law
- Current member in good standing of the California State Bar
- Law degree from an accredited U.S. law school
- At least 5-10 years of experience as in-house litigation counsel and/or outside counsel litigating cases in federal and state courts, including working directly with corporate clients, preferably in the video game, electronic technology and/or entertainment industries
- Experience in intellectual property litigation, including patent, copyright and trademark law, as well as knowledge of general commercial litigation and consumer product issues
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to work well as part of a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, impeccable integrity, good judgment, strong analytical skills, and a sense of humor
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.