PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Senior Media Strategy Lead
San Mateo, CA
As Senior Media Strategy Lead - 1st & 3rd Party Software, you will have a strategic and visible role within SIE global Marketing Department, focusing on developing and managing global media investment strategy for 1st & 3rd Party Software.
In this role you will build media strategies and objectives that balance delivering the requisite brand impact with direct response ROI-driven campaigns. If you love the art of marketing and the science of attribution, this fantastic role is for you!
You will closely partner with the internal Media Planning & Activation team and the global media agency to ensure a quality media performance, and report on campaign performance & optimization to senior partners.
You are a forward-thinking leader on the topic of driving highly effective, efficient, and innovative advertising in today’s media landscape, across acquisition, engagement, and retention-related metrics, delivering media strategy for plans that cover the full spectrum of paid media channels.
While an in-depth knowledge of digital media is required to perform this role, it is equally critical that you combine this expertise with data-led analysis and creative thinking on a regional basis, and that any market-level recommendations within the strategy are tuned to each region’s media marketplace and consumer behaviors. As this is a new and growing team, you will also have an excellent opportunity to improve, innovate and/or pioneer new ideas over multiple areas or functions related to media!
Main Areas of Responsibility:
Media Strategy & Analysis:
- Responsible for developing global media investment strategy (Software), creating & executing innovative, insight-led, actionable media strategies, which deliver on important metrics / objectives
- Work with Global First Party and Third Party Marketing teams & partner with key Marketing functions to develop robust Global Media briefs
- Partner closely with the in-house PlayStation Media Planning & Activation team to ensure that media plans fully embody the media strategy, and that, across fixed and fluid media channels, audiences and objectives are planned holistically
- Provide Territory teams (internal & agency) with the globally consistent strategic vision & locally relevant implementation recommendation to guide the creation of localized media plans
- Develop global processes for briefing and developing media strategies, connecting to overall business / communication planning
- Deliver actionable campaign reporting and analysis to partners, combining insights and data from internal and external media buying teams to establish opportunities for optimization
- Work closely with creative teams & creative agency to inform the development of the right content and creative assets for different audiences and platforms
- Partner with data science and insight teams to operationalize Media Mix Model and Multi-Touch Attribution programs
- Partner with global media leadership team to negotiate media upfront opportunities and partnership terms.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Successfully grow the team’s impact on PlayStation’s global business, as measured by a blend of brand metrics, return on investment/ROAS, business goals, and partner feedback
- Ability to keep a broad base of partners aligned to the approved media strategies during campaign planning and execution, evaluate success of the media campaign, and actively suggest optimizations
- Ability to innovate campaigns in partnership with all key partners
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required. Degree in Marketing, Communications, Business or Economics preferred
Required and Preferred
- 10+ years of experience in media planning and strategy, with experience developing successful global media campaigns preferred
- Experience with managing large agency relationships preferred
- Experience negotiating platform upfronts or channel partnerships preferred
- Experience in working in global / regional roles preferred
- Proven expertise in digital media strategy and execution standard methodology preferred
Candidate Preferred Qualities
Ideal candidate attributes
- Advertising expert – understands driving demand, mental availability, and converting consideration into purchase action
- Strategic thinker, with the ability to clearly articulate and implement plans
- Strong digital acumen – understanding of the role of emerging platforms in media landscape
- Ability to use complex analysis to make decisions
- Talent for collaborating with external and internal teams
- Flexible and adaptable while maintaining positive attitude
- Doesn’t settle for the status quo, challenges and leads change in a positive way
- Self-starter with passion, energy, enthusiasm to drive results and affect meaningful change
- A team player who is able to work collaboratively within the group and across business units/functions – high emotional intelligence
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.