PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Senior Test Engineer – Contract
PlayStation HQ in San Mateo, CA
Sony Interactive Entertainment, PlayStation has a career opportunity for you! Are you a motivated and creative individual who enjoys new technologies and try the new technologies on product validation? Our opportunity would give you the chance to work on PlayStation's groundbreaking peripheral devices from concept to production.
We seek a motivated engineer with hands-on experience of researching dynamic hardware-based technologies while crafting, developing and facilitating the manufacturing of consumer electronic products. You will also work with multi-functional teams to ensure the quality of new products. If this is you, please apply!
- Drive audio engineering test efforts, including: test planning, test strategy, test development, test tool choices during all phases in product life cycle.
- Coordinate lab equipment and operate system level tests. Validate and correlate test results to production test result from other teams.
- Responsible for test activities and generate test reports with organized and scalable information for algorithm tuning on new products.
- Investigate test technique and tools to improve test process and coverage.
- Work with design engineers to analyze and characterize hardware design against requirements and ensure testability. Make recommendations for test development and coverage improvement.
- Min. of 6 years' recent hands-on experience in testing and validating hardware products.
- Strong skills for analyzing, debugging, and test solution development.
- Experience with in the following areas: Test measurements and analysis including audio and acoustic test, test equipment operation including SoundCheck, AudioPrecision, amplifier, and mixers, test software development, test fixture development, statistical data management and analysis.
- Experience working independently with minimal guidance and experience handling multiple tasks.
- Familiarity with C, C++, Python software programming to write test program.
- Familiarity with audio commercial product validation and failure analysis.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering related fields.
- Master degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering related fields.
- Experienced in working with test equipment vendors, JDM, ODM, CM partners.
- Familiarity with Jira and Bugzilla.
- Familiarity with 3D CAD tool and 3D printing mechanical development.
- Familiarity with test and validation in video, power/batteries, RF/Wireless technologies, or USB.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.