PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
QA Test Engineer (Contract)
PlayStation HQ in San Mateo, CA
Sony Interactive Entertainment, PlayStation has a great career opportunity for you! Are you a motivated and creative individual who enjoys investigating new technologies with the ability to validate innovative products? Our opportunity would allow you the chance to work with PlayStation's groundbreaking hardware and software products.
We seek a motivated engineer with a proven history of testing hardware and software technologies while designing, developing and facilitating the testability of consumer electronic products. You will be responsible for performing functional testing to identify, analyze, report and assist in resolving issues impacting their assigned projects. The general purpose of this job is to provide a dedicated, experienced resource that is completely focused on executing a broad range of operational test services to support our internal development team. Attention to detail is a critical requirement of the role, as is a highly communicative, amicable, team focused and mature demeanor. If this is you, please apply!
- Perform test planning, test development, validation, and improve test coverage using different testing techniques on assigned projects.
- Perform issue reporting, research, analysis, confirmation and support resolution on assigned projects.
- Perform a variety of QA and test related support tasks for internal development team.
- Maintain the quality of test activity and generate documentations and reports.
- Organize test process, result, and data to be scalable.
- Investigate test technique to develop improved test process and the software.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or ability to demonstrate equivalent knowledge.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in product test engineering. (both hardware and software)
- Strong lab skills for analyzing, debugging, and test solution development.
- Familiarity with writing test program in C, C++, Python, etc.
- Experience with version control solutions
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent communication, organizational, time management, and interpersonal skills.
- Experience configuring and maintaining CI systems (Jenkins preferred)
- Experience in testing audio system and performance.
- Experience in testing MCU, CPU, and GPU
- Familiarity with bug tracking such as Jira or Bugzilla.
- Experience with Agile software development process.
- Experience with current generation PlayStation platforms and peripherals.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.