Senior Vendor Programs Manager
San Mateo, CA
PlayStation is for everyone. Today we’re innovating into the future of entertainment systems, games and apps with PlayStation 4, PlayStation VR and the highly anticipated PlayStation 5. We connect players to us, each other, and exciting content with services such as PlayStation Plus, PlayStation Now, and PlayStation Network. To maintain Sony PlayStation’s status as the global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, we rely on our Consumer Experience team of specialists to innovate and change with our consumers to ensure a consistent and quality experience.
Reporting to the Senior Director, Global Operations, this role looks at executing a commercially balanced and outstanding customer experience. You are essential in ensuring that our customer contact channel performance is optimized to meet business objectives. You will also make sure that the brand and process based decisions are achieved improving the customer experience while delivering commercial commitments. You will be a successful business manager with a broad skill set which demonstrates excellent data driven decision making, strong negotiations skills, understanding of the product and technology with a passion for creating a premier customer experience.
The Job - This role is responsible for the full lifecycle management of vendors:
- Ensure fulfillment of strategic partner contract commitments and obligations.
- Monitor vendor performance, risk, financial data on an ongoing basis and report to partners as agreed. Initiate and execute performance improvement initiatives and go to green plans as necessary.
- Work with Finance & Legal teams to ensure contracts have appropriate verbiage for terms and conditions, service level agreements, key performance indicators, and escalation processes.
- Responsible for contract management including compliance, oversight, and adherence to change control procedures.
- Monitor and ensure contract renewals are planned and executed well in advance of expiry.
- Work with Operations and Business Intelligence teams to make sure all relevant vendor data is automated and available on dashboards.
- Facilitate onboarding & offboarding the vendor from internal tools and systems.
- Drive vendor customer service performance across Voice of Customer, Voice of Agent, First Contact Resolution, Consumer Experience Score, and Net Promoter Score.
- Continuous improvement of processes and procedures (internal and external facing), finding solutions through the use of LEAN and Six Sigma.
- Own ‘in the month’ efficiency key performance metrics including AHT, occupancy, & shrinkage to deliver in month service level commitments.
- Assist the Product Support & Online Support Communities of Practice with consumer-led data to identify initiatives to improve the consumer journey.
- Ensure the accurate governance is followed and delivered for weekly, monthly & quarterly business reviews with all partners.
- Work closely with the Quality and Training Managers to keep updated regarding the partners performance and roadmap.
- Accountable for identifying and executing on cost optimization initiatives without impacting the quality of support.
- Host cross-functional meetings with a large number of contributors to ensure objectives are reached and each meeting is followed-up with notes, actions and owners
- Plan and conduct regular business reviews and executive meetings at a cadence agreed with the business.
- Planning and sourcing
- Requirement gathering for a new service or functionality while identifying the critical criteria for the vendor selection
- Due diligence and selection in partnership with Corporate Procurement team
- Participate in Contract Negotiation, shepherding contract signature between parties as well as monitoring and onboarding vendors
- Ensure it details oversight to vendors with emphasis on critical vendors and how they may impact your day to day operations and ongoing reputation. critical metrics
- Budget oversight and reporting and termination or renewal of vendors
- Proactively identifying contracts that need to be terminated or renewed
- Execute the termination and renewal process in collaboration is legal and procurement.
- 8+ years’ experience in vendor management working with outsourced contact center provider or have meaningful BPO experience.
- Ability to think both strategically and tactically with strong attention to detail - makes contingency plans & prepares actively for different scenarios.
- Be able to make sense of complex or ambiguous issues quickly and move to make key business decisions. Ability to hold people accountable - delivery and results focused.
- Innovative thinker, building a culture of improvement and challenge. Not afraid to challenge the status quo - willing to challenge upwards.
- Experience performing under pressure in a fast-paced environment and can partner across an internal matrix to deliver prime results against critical timelines.
- Travel to contact centers or other Sony offices as needed will be required
- Strong interpersonal skills – Requires building compelling reports and present a narrative that will influence others.
- Analytically minded with ability to parse through a large volume of data to detect trends and report on insights.
- Ability to build consensus, establish trust, communicate effectively and champion culture change across company boundaries
The Extra Stuff
- Master’s degree or MBA in a related discipline.
- Knowledge of the following programs would be helpful: Salesforce, Genesys Pure Engage, NICE inContact
- Past success in balancing clients
- Experience working within the gaming industry a plus.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.