PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Senior IT Programmer Analyst
San Diego (Rancho Bernardo), California
About this Position:
The IT Programmer Analyst will develop and administer our SIE Intranet, develop custom applications and workflows for revenue-generating business units and train others on the use of these IT applications, including: Confluence, Jira, SharePoint and Google Apps. This application developer should have expertise working with Atlassian Jira, Confluence and other collaboration tools, as well as strength in Java and Go programming. If this is you please apply!
- Develop high-demand enterprise solutions and implementation of custom full-stack application development.
- Act as a technical contact to solve issues relating to Atlassian Jira and other collaboration tools.
- Integrate Jira with internal and external services and systems.
- Build complex workflows including project workflows.
- Design and implement permissions to in the relevant systems to ensure that users only have access to the accurate data.
- Perform business process analysis to determine how they can be implemented in Jira and other tools, including workflows, standardization and agile development methodology.
- Provide consultation, mentorship and recommendations for how the business process could change to improve development tools implementation.
- Ability to provide technical assistance during major Jira upgrades.
- Advanced Java application development experience
- Experience in using/extending REST Services.
- Go programming experience
- Prior development of custom solutions for Jira and Confluence.
- Full-stack web application development
- DevOps experience
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong analytical abilities, problem solving and attention to detail.
- Using GitHub in a development environment.
- Nice-to-have database administration: MySQL, PostgreSQL, NoSQL, etc.
- B.S. Degree or equivalent experience
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.