PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Localization Program Manager(Contract)
San Francisco, CA
The Localization Program Manager will be responsible for delivering a successful localization program that meets its customer requirements by liaising between internal partners, internal Localization team members, and external representatives.
- Function as a business localization program manager with internal partners in pursuing common business objectives. Represent Localization team, providing recommendations, and evangelizing Localization team’s vision.
- Engage in a product localization planning with partners from an early phase. Lead a localization strategy discussion to select the most effective localization model for the product.
- Prepare the project plan for the localization of products that includes schedules and plans for software localization and Linguistic QA.
- Requires proficiency in one or more Project Management/Bug Tracking tools, preferably tools used in Agile development (Rally, JIRA, etc.) as well as Confluence, Google Apps, Wiki and SharePoint, Bugzilla
- Hands-on experience with Translation Management Systems such as XTM, Smartling, or SDL/WorldServer, MemoQ and knowledge of TM, Terminology management is a plus
- Build, monitor and execute on the localization schedule. Identify and minimize risks in the localization process.
- Lead meetings with cross functional teams such as product management, marketing, engineering and Linguistic QA teams to facilitate communication of the localization requirements and problem solve quickly.
- Ensure clear and consistent information is disseminated to internal and vendor partners.
- Handle terminology assets including localization style guides and glossaries.
- Actively review product requirements to ensure localization and internationalization requirements are taken into account.
- Develop and implement processes to increase efficiency and decrease cost and time to market for the localized versions.
- Work in various internal localization tools and web applications to complete necessary production and localization tasks.
- Manage program costs. Review vendor project costs for accuracy. Assure that project is funded and costs stay within allocated budget.
- 5+ years of experience with localization project management of technology products.
- Familiarity with Translation Memory and Localization Tools.
- Basic understanding of standard web technologies such as HTML.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and web applications.
- Excellent track record in delivering global products and understanding of internationalization and localization issues.
- Culturally sensitive attitude and the ability of building strong relationships with different regions.
- Ability to perform under pressure, prioritizing and managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to make decisions and stay focused in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrable skills in leadership, communication (written and presentation), and matrix management.
- Excellent English communication skills, both in writing and in speaking.
- Demonstrated success in managing terminology assets including glossaries and localization style guides.
- Fluency in English and at least one other language.
- Master’s Degree in a related field
- Experience in the video game industry and interest in gaming, digital entertainment, consumer electronics, technology is a plus
- Experienced in facilitating agile project deliveries using both Scrum and Kanban methods
- Experience working in global markets and/or living and working outside of the United States.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.