PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Executive and Business Operations Senior Planner
San Mateo, CA
Key Function and Responsibility of the Role:
We are seeking a dynamic, motivated, focused Executive and Business Operations Senior Planner in Global Marketing. You will lead all operations and executive planning for the office of the Senior Vice President of Global Marketing, worldwide.
This role is a leader within the executive planning team and is responsible for:
- Monitor initiative progress, priorities and actions following these meetings and report on results and challenges to leadership team
- Improve efficiency of global teams, including simplifying and streamlining executive inputs.
- Crafting and polishing executive communications, including emails and presentations
You will work cross functionally with SIE executive teams, Marketing, PR, Sales, local marketing teams, Creative, Product, Legal, HR, Finance and business partners to build and evolve executive planning and global operational team processes.
Main Areas of Responsibility:
- Create opportunities for alignments across the business ecosystem on topics such as developing cross-functional initiatives to drive business sustainability.
- As needed, simplify and streamline business processes, troubleshoot inefficiencies and process challenges. Optimize decision-making process for leadership, helping to ensure only the most mission-critical tasks are prioritized, information presented is actionable to facilitate efficient decision-making
- Drive marketing initiatives with efficiency and speed while maintaining the operational rhythm of the business.
- Own initiatives until they are robust enough to stand on their own. Deliver on strategic and operational plans against the vision for the marketing team.
- Implement special projects, key to leadership in order to develop, champion and launch initiatives.
- Maintain comprehensive knowledge of functions, structure, and processes.
- Act and operate as an internal consultant, working directly with partners, management, and various related departments to optimize team performance.
- Plan meeting cadence, agenda and facilitate executive Marketing and leadership meetings
- Build positive relationships across the organization to drive influence. Lead and partner within and outside the leadership team to get results.
- Maintain department team space on the company intranet inclusive of messages, FAQs, documents and processes
- Partner with PR and Corporate Communications on communications initiatives such as blog posts, media interviews, crisis communication, etc.
- Own and develop executive communications including emails, presentations, talking points and more.
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA a plus
- Six Sigma, PMP Certification desirable
- 12 years’ experience in business planning, operations, and/or communications in mid/large corporate organizations. Prefer previous global experience.
- Robust organizational and process management capabilities, including ability to plan and lead complex projects. Ability to orchestrate, organize and lead large distributed groups towards achieving ambitious common objectives
- Ability to track, prioritize, and drive simultaneous projects to success
- Proven business insight within other corporate functions or global organizations.
- Experience working with senior executives, ability to work effectively in matrixed organizations, strong writing and collaboration skills with a track record of collaborative partnership across a mix of constituents and organizations.
- Strong analytical and critical-thinking skills. Exhibit meticulous attention to detail, with the ability to make well-founded decisions.
- A go-getter with experience executing quickly and thoroughly with minimal guidance on complex, ambiguous projects. Ability to understand and simplify complex areas, frame the issues, ideate and communicate proposed solutions in a credible and concise manner.
- Strong communication and presentation skills across all levels of staff and partners, with an ability to frame up status and recommendations for executives. Ability to present and discuss information in a manner that persuades, educates, and enhances understanding at all levels.
- Ability to organize events, meetings, all-hands and other meetings, including creating the agenda and ensuring attendee preparation and meeting success.
- Adaptable, resilient, flexible professional who is embraces new challenges and thrives in fast-paced, changing environments.
- Technically savvy and curious. Ability to influence and lead others to inspire change.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.