PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Senior Software Engineer, Tools & Infrastructure
Location: San Francisco, CA (SoMa)
About the Job
The PlayStation Network runs on hundreds of microservices, changing rapidly as developers iterate when users and the business provide feedback. Our deployment and testing infrastructure bears the brunt of those changes to ensure that the network remains sound and continues to bring excitement and joy to our users.
You will work closely with many development teams, operations teams, and leadership both inside and outside the organization to help design and refine those tools and infrastructure, empowering engineers to develop and deliver the best applications that impact millions of PlayStation users. We’re looking for the kind of problem solver that can look past immediate issues and find root causes, who can anticipate problems, and who shows the initiative to seek the most interesting and diverse challenges that come with developing software at scale. You will also watch the cloud computing industry carefully, and help to bring in the latest tools and techniques to the PlayStation network when they add to our capabilities.
- Lead and contribute to the effort of solving complex technical challenges to improve engineering efficiency
- Design, build, and on-board tools to accelerate build, testing, release, and deployment.
- Drive to define and enforce cross-organization standard methodologies for improving code quality, performance, and security compliance.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or related area
- Software development experience in an object-oriented programming language such as Java, Groovy, Golang, and Python
- Excellent with Unix/Linux systems
- Strong experience with container and container orchestration technologies such as Docker, and Kubernetes
- Strong understanding of CICD standard methodologies and familiar with tools used in CICD pipelines: such as Jenkins, GitHub, Nexus, Artifactory, Maven, Gradle, and SonarQube
- Good public cloud experience
- Experience with networking, storage, logging, monitoring and alerting
- Experience with software system design
- Experience with large-scale distributed systems
- Experience with stress/load/performance simulation/testing
- Strong technical, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.