PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation
SIE seeks a highly-qualified candidate for the position of Senior Program Manager. This role will be responsible for driving projects from inception through deployment over a worldwide scale. The candidate is expected to partner with the worldwide Sony Engineering and Product organization to lead, manage, and drive forward software projects. The responsibilities listed are not all inclusive and additional duties may be assigned
Sr. Program Manager
Location: San Francisco
You will be responsible for driving projects from inception through deployment over a worldwide scale. You are expected to partner with the worldwide Sony Engineering and Product organization to lead, run, and drive forward software projects. The responsibilities listed are not all-inclusive and additional duties may be assigned
- Collaborating with staff and management of multiple worldwide business units and outside 3rd parties to clearly identify, explain, and communicate their project involvement, project goals, expectations, tasks, and timelines.
- Being responsible for the project timeline, task assignments, and handling schedule progress - from large phases through to detailed tasks, including understanding and managing dependencies.
- Contribute to establishing methods and metrics for tracking performance and making decisions within the extended Program Management group.
- Portfolio management experience at enterprise level
- Applying knowledge for improvement of existing program management processes
- 5+ years experience as a Program/Project Manager with 2-3 years of experience in the streaming, gaming, music, digital media, network service industry
- Experience utilizing Agile methodologies and principles and mentoring the project organization to implement standard methodologies and thrive to continuous improvements
- Solid understanding of programming languages, software development life cycle, and release processes
- Ability to turn strategy into executable plans, challenge and influence leaders and team members
- Proficiency with tools in Agile development (Jira, Confluence etc.)
- Motivated, organized self-starter with the ability to correct routine or complicated problems effectively
- Exhibit meticulous attention to detail, and should be able to make good, timely decisions
- Excellent presentation skills across all levels of internal and external partners
- Excel in conflict resolution, negotiation, and people management. (Preferably global experience with diverse cultures)
- Previous experience in an E-Commerce environment
- Experience with digital advertising and optimization
- SAFE knowledge (www.scaledagileframework.com)
- Familiarity with digital media software and networking technologies, especially those related to Sony’s products, services, and devices
- Japanese language skills useful
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in SIE.