PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Sony Interactive Entertainment
Sr. Software Engineer (Cloud Back-End)
Aliso Viejo, CA
As a part of Sony Interactive Entertainment, the Cloud Gaming Engineering and
Infrastructure (CGEI) team is leading the cloud gaming revolution, putting
console-quality video games on any device.
As a Software Engineer on the Cloud Back-End Engineering team, you’ll play a key
role in the design and development of server-side applications for cloud automation on
a large geographically distributed infrastructure.
- Implementation of features in distributed back end systems
- Ownership of the architectural design, implementation, and delivery of product features
- Write and execute unit tests via testing frameworks
- Triage and fix reported bugs
- Communicate estimates, schedules, issues and dependencies to technical or project lead
- Define and design integration tests with Test Engineering
- Continually bring new ideas about technology to engineering team
- Mentor other engineers on development best practices
- Act as subject matter expert on specific product area
- Build relationships with other CGEI teams to help improve development process and eliminate inefficiencies
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 5-10 years of relevant development experience
Skills & Knowledge:
- Expert knowledge of Java or Golang required
- Experience in docker, Kubernetes, and CNCF technologies
- Knowledge of Python nice to have
- Expert knowledge of Linux and Bash
- Expert knowledge in both NoSQL and Relational Data Stores
- Intermediate knowledge of version control tools such as git
- Familiar with Agile development environment
- Gamer is a plus
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication and documentation skills
- Contribution to the open-source community (ie. blogs, source code, etc.)
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.