PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Integrated Marketing & Special Projects Manager
San Mateo, CA
You will support the Group Manager, Integrated Marketing in implementing; managing and evaluating inter-departmental marketing projects and promotions and across PlayStation’s vertical marketing teams and the wider Sony group.
Principle Duties / Responsibilities:
- Working closely with the Group Manager to maximize awareness of PlayStation priorities, across all owned communication channels in all markets. Key tasks to include, but not limited to:
Managing projects from end to end, working with multiple internal and external parties:
- Creative briefing
- Planning with relevant teams and partners
- Execution and roll out
- Analytical and qualitative evaluation
- Working with internal stakeholders, you will be defining, shaping and executing marketing activities for PlayStation products and services initiatives; coordinating with internal and external delivery teams to ensure campaign objectives are met
- Working with external stakeholders, you will be developing new processes and help with rolling these out across the organization
- Supporting the team leader in evaluating potential areas to add incremental value to the business through owned and earned channels, creating and running a view of inventory
Required Knowledge / Skills:
- This is a new role in a nascent team – a great opportunity for a creative spirit to gain experience working with hardworking people on incredible products in a broad range of entertainment.
- Collaborative spirit is absolutely key for this role. Successful candidate will be gifted at finding solutions; which work for many partners, for the greatest benefit to the company as a whole.
- This is a nurturing environment and highly supportive team, but as this is a new internal venture, a self-starter mindset is essential. Looking for someone who is able to see the opportunity and overcome hurdles to see it realized!
- Globally minded. International marketing experience highly valued.
- Some entertainment industry experience is desirable, but not essential for the right candidate. This role will involve working across Games, Movies, TV, Music and other entertainment verticals – passion is a must for this team!
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Flexible approach and a ‘can do’ attitude towards getting the job done, essential.
- Solid project management, multi-tasking and organizational skills are a must due to the complexity of products, volume of campaign components and number of stakeholders.
- Strong Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills essential.
- Ability to analyze campaign data and assess relative successes/failures, recommending future paths.
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality with privileged information, work well with others and handle a high-pressure environment.
- Minimum of 5 years post-graduate experience in digital marketing
- Bachelor's Degree required, Master’s Degree a plus
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.