PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Sr. Software Development Engineer in Test (Sr SDET)
San Diego, CA
Do you have a passion for development and automation? Do you want to work at a company where customers have a real excitement for the products you help build? At PlayStation, we are looking for engineers to join a global initiative in robust test automation and CI/CD systems.
We seek a software engineer who is confident and can take charge of developing the front end of our content pipeline which drives the Playstation network. He or she will employ agile standard methodologies, use modern software development paradigms, and focus on continuous improvement in the delivery of high-quality applications for our customers. We seek a hands-on problem solver who can intuitively anticipate problems, look beyond immediate issues, and take initiatives to improve our software and development infrastructure. In short, we are in search of a hardworking and phenomenal software engineer who takes pride in their work. We believe in agile software development, metrics, short feedback loops, well-designed applications, early test development, automation wherever possible, and are open to the adoption of the latest tools and techniques for solving complex problems.
We are located in San Diego. Our campus offers amenities like a gym, lounge, and cafeteria.
- Lead infrastructure teams to build and maintain common services such as CI pipelines and automation stability initiatives.
- Develop Test frameworks and tools to test applications running on PlayStation platform.
- Work with console developers and QA to define and implement test automation system architectures
- Lead day to day activities between embedded QA and Dev team
- A Master or Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or ability to demonstrate equivalent knowledge
- At least five years or equivalent experience in Software Development
- At least a year or equivalent experience in building test infrastructure and CI strategies
- Experience in Python
- Experience setting up and maintaining CI systems (Jenkins preferred)
- Experience with at least one modern front-end web application framework such as Angular, React, Vue, or Ember.js
- Confirmed experience crafting and building automation frameworks and test suites
- Experience with version control solutions (both centralized and distributed)
- Experience with React Native
- Experience with Selenium and Appium is a plus
- Experience with developing web application and collaborating with backend services using HTTP, JSON, and XML.
- Experience developing or writing test code for a game console
- Experience leading automation effort and automation team.
- Having passion and potential for leadership and management.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and thank you for your interest in PlayStation.