PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Manager, Central Insights
San Mateo, CA
The Global Store and Services (GSS) team are part of a vibrant organization that manage both the transactional store and subscription businesses for PlayStation. GSS brings together staff from around the world, with a passion for engaging PlayStation gamers with relevant and entertaining content. This area of Sony Interactive Entertainment has seen significant growth in recent years to become a key revenue contributor and continues to evolve with the industry to create new business opportunities. As the central analytics organization within GSS, the Insights and Modeling team supports the commercial operations for GSS based on data-driven insights and storytelling. The team empowers the business with robust data analytics to effectively meet and exceed their commercial objectives. We are looking for individuals who are motivated by being part of a truly global team, working together at the forefront of digital content distribution.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Central Insights, the Manager, Central Insights will play a critical role in evaluating the impact of various activities and other business initiatives through analysis and interpretation of various data, and managing and delivering insight projects to expand business opportunities. This role will also contribute technically to the team by exploring and identifying the best approach for data processing and visualization in order to effectively communicate insights to stakeholders and leadership.
The ideal candidate is a strong communicator and storyteller, is passionate about mentoring junior members and growing a team with previous people management experience, is data-driven with a strong analytical mind, and thrives in a fast-paced commercial environment.
- Lead a high-performing team of analysts; provide hands-on guidance and career mentorship for team members; inspire, motivate, and develop the team to achieve outstanding performance
- Design, implement, and manage complex analytic projects from start to finish
- Partner with business stakeholders to understand their evolving business needs and provide actionable insights that are firmly grounded in data
- Extract, analyze and interpret consumer and transactional data for PlayStation Store and Services; identify business opportunities through analysis of large, complex data sets
- Apply expertise in quantitative analysis and presentation/visualization of data to see beyond the numbers; transform raw data into actionable insights and recommendations
- Establish storytelling best practices for GSS; provide guidance and support to other analysts within the team as the SME on how to translate data into actionable insights through a compelling story
- Routinely communicate with stakeholders and leadership on analytic projects; present in a cohesive, logical, and fluent way from the original business question to data-driven strategy recommendation
- Collaborate with other analytics teams in the wider organization to drive business
- At least 8 years of relevant analytics experience
- Bachelor's Degree from a top tier university
- Data-driven and highly skilled at extracting/manipulating data and identifying/resolving data discrepancies
- Ability to distinguish trends and patterns using large and complex data sets with a keen eye for detail
- Proven track record of using data to drive business decisions including the ability to structure problems for analysis, analyze the data, and provide actionable recommendations through effective and compelling storytelling
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to articulate ideas and present complex analysis to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across different functions
- Ability to self-manage and balance multiple projects and priorities for the team
- Ability to adapt quickly in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Strong SQL skills with the ability to perform effective querying involving multiple tables and subqueries
- Experience with Tableau, Python, or R preferred
- Experience with consumer behavior analysis preferred
- As the role is Global, international travel will be required as well as a flexible approach to working hours to support global business operations
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.