PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Sony Interactive Entertainment
Cloud Gaming Engineering & Infrastructure
(Aliso Viejo, CA)
Manager, Cloud Back End Engineering
Sony Interactive Entertainment’s Cloud Gaming Engineering and Infrastructure (CGEI) division is leading the Cloud Gaming revolution, putting console-quality video games on any device, from TVs to consoles to mobile devices and beyond.
Our Cloud Engineering team is looking for a back end software engineering manager to help lead a team of 3-5 people on several initiatives that include new and existing systems. The ideal candidate will help nurture and grow this team over the next couple years.
- Work with teams to deliver highly-available and robust distributed systems that support CGEI initiatives
- Work with leads of different departments to remove blockers and improve the overall software development process
- Provide career development and mentorship for back end engineering team members
- Provide regular status updates to upper management
- 7+ years of relevant hands-on technical experience
- 1-2 years leading and managing highly-technical teams
- Expertise using Agile/Scrum methodologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to articulate technical information in a clear and concise manner at all levels from executive staff to engineers
- Strong cross-team collaboration and interpersonal skills with a variety of roles including engineering, product management, and support
- BS or MS in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Working knowledge of one of the following programming languages: Java, Golang, Python
- Working knowledge of containers, Kubernetes, and other CNCF technologies
- Working knowledge of Content Delivery Networks
- Expertise using both NoSQL and relational data stores
- Expertise building large distributed systems which are resilient to significant load
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.