PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Senior Technical Program Manager
San Francisco, CA
Do you have a passion for coordinating complex projects and building large scale database systems that affect millions of gamers ?
As a Senior Technical Program Manager, you will put your abilities to work building out and improving a multi petabyte data platform working with diverse team members and partner teams.
You have shown solid leadership, leading teams and programs to deliver successful outcomes. You will use industry standard methodologies for scheduling, tracking and execution of our projects as well as initiating, planning, and executing intermediate-to-large cross team or company-wide programs.
You have proficient oral and written skills and are able to collaborate with a diverse group of people that have a broad range of technical skills. You can execute and deliver successfully in situations with implicit authority. Interaction and leadership across functional lines is critical.
- Work with software developers to schedule development, write functional specifications, and drive decision-making to build performant, stable systems.
- Act as overall lead in driving technical discussions and solutions to business and/or customer requirements.
- You will lead all phases of the software development life cycle including design, development, testing, and deployment, while collaborating with other internal teams and groups.
- You will participate in initial requirements review and analysis to assess technical complexity to identify and resolve dependencies.
- You will provide ongoing visibility into the progress, risks, schedules, and timelines of the features in development.
- You will develop and manage end-to-end implementations toward technical standards as well as expected delivery dates.
- Break down features into phases
- Manage various engineering work-streams as a unified team
- 5+ years of Program Management and Project Management experience with high-volume online user experiences.
- Experience with agile methodologies, including experience with scrum master and product owner roles.
- Strong communication, cross-group collaboration, and interpersonal skills
- Prior experience as a software developer or tester
- Ability to manage a feature through the development and release cycle
- BA/BS/BSE in computer science, math, or equivalent experience
- Solid leadership skills and a passion for building world class consumer experiences.
- Keen eye for detail and managing multiple dependencies.
- Strong sense of ownership.
- Skills which encompass communicating to executives, product managers, software engineers, and project managers
- Previous experience managing a large-scale platform with many different customer personas
- Strong ability to quickly prioritize out-of-cadence requests/bugs
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where you need to quickly adjust to shifting priorities
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.