PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
It is an exciting time to be part of SIE’s Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) team. SREs operate right at the intersection of Software Engineering and Infrastructure Engineering. The SRE team strives to make the Platform a highly reliable, scalable, operable and secure product and service.
As part of SIE’s Platform Hosting Engineering group, the Infrastructure, Security, Identity & Compliance team is a tight-knit group of SREs that develop the core infrastructure foundation of the PlayStation Network. The team develops Infrastructure as Code (IaC) services and works closely with developers, operations teams, security teams, and leadership to ensure the integrity of the platform.
Our Team Strengths & Characteristics:
- Equally adept at software development and systems engineering/operations
- Expert level experience at building, deploying and operating services at scale
- Security mindset
- Hands on experience in working with distributed systems and managing the availability, reliability, scalability of the services
- Excellent troubleshooting skills that span code, system, and network (TCP/IP). Ability to zoom in from code to JVM garbage collection problem to packet loss in the network
- Ability to design and provide operational and infrastructural requirements that promote uptime, speed and security at all phases of the software lifecycle on a global scale.
- OBSESSIVE desire to automate and improve everything including process improvements, standardizing tools and technologies!
- Develop internal tools and services the SRE team is responsible for
- Build, deploy and operate a combination of open source, custom written, and vendor provided software to support the PlayStation Network platform infrastructure
- Keep abreast of new AWS security features, advisories, alerts, trends, and practices
- Develop and enforce cloud security standards in AWS including IAM policies, S3 bucket policies, etc.
- Participate in an on-call rotation to ensure 24/7/365 availability of the tools and services delivered by the team
Required Experience & Skills:
- BS in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent experience
- 7+ years professional experience at scale
- Experience scaling distributed services
- Demonstrated experience following software engineering best-practices
- In-depth understanding of Linux systems internals and networking
- Solid grounding in information security principles
- Experience with automation and configuration management tools
- Experience in public cloud services and deployment (AWS experience preferred)
- Strong software development experience (Python preferred)
- Knowledge of the software development lifecycle with experience integrating Open Source tools
- Experienced using one or more source code management tools (Git preferred)
- Strong hands-on experience in building and maintaining infrastructure
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery tools like Jenkins
- Experience in developing tools for system configuration, deployment, and monitoring
- In-depth knowledge of IAM concepts and experience managing and automating user access systems including Active Directory, LDAP, and AWS IAM
- Experience with Kubernetes and Docker
- Experience operating in regulated environments such as PCI and SOX
- Technical certifications or other demonstrations of passion in security and technology (e.g., CISSP, AWS Associate, open source projects, or equivalent)
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.